Greasemonkeys sportif build

Right here goes......

I brought this little beauty last year (july) it was advertised locally on auto trader.co.uk for £1,150.....it was advertised with no mot and also no tax but down to some hard bargaining due to a dent on the passenger side 1/4 panels and door i managed to get i down to a great price of £950!! that included a full 12 months mot and 6 months tax too what a steal!!

its a 1997 p reg sportif which when i brought had done a tiny 29,567 genuine miles from brand new and has only had two owners (from the same family) dont get me wrong its got damage on it but the interior and exterior was very clean.

I haven't got any pictures from the car when i brought it as they were on my old phone that took a ride in the washing machine :( but i have some of the car in its current state

lowered on 40mm pi springs painted rocker cover and custom painted speedlines which i refurbed and painted myself (which im dead proud of) :)

mieage unfortunately has reached now 34,000 but its still going strong.. please post let me know what you think!!

heres some pics steve. :)

Uksc1.jpg

Uksc2.jpg

Uksc3.jpg

Uksc4.jpg

Uksc5.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

sorry last two pictures are quite blurry not a very steady hand i guess :mellow:

steve. B)

looking good matey, nice to have such a low mileage one too!

yeah i think thats what sold it for me to be honest lol low mileage and also full toyota service history bang up to date !!!

i think the fact theres a few dents can easily be ignored wen mechanically its that sound llllooooooolll!!!!

This is the only N/A I've seen on here with lower miles than mine! Looks good man! Not sure on painting the sidestrips red though, but I do prefer the clean look and personally would remove them altogether, looks promising though and welcome! Love the red wheels though!

Shafz.

nah im not sure about it yet need a passenger side door anyway so i might experiment with the strips before i remove the door see what it looks like lol

and yeah man i wanted the car to stand out and i think the red speedlines set the car off to be fair lol

what sorta mileage is yours then???

cheers dude steve.

Fair enough, mines at 45k atm, we bought it 11 1/2 years ago at 34k so its done ~1000 a year! Was my mums shopping car before, red speedlines work really well though, thought of getting any kind of spoiler for it?

Shafz.

nice n/a, looks very clean.

Wanted to know how did u spray the speedline writing white?

lol you noticed the white centre cap rings too lol :mellow:

haha with some acryllic poster paint and a really thin paintbrush and a few hours in front of a lamp lol

then waited for red paint to harden lacquered over the wheels and also the centre caps when they were dry

mad little thing to do time consuming but in my opinion makes the speedlines look ten times better than just plain lol

:)

• 4 months later...

Right guys............quick update on my sportif which is looking more like an sr every day lol..........

ive had bump strips colour coded and niggly bodywork bits repaired also a tte spoiler and white interior bits fitted corrolla inlet mani too...

im wondering where to go to next do i fte it?? or do i keep it as is as only has 36,000 miles genuine and sell it early part of next year and but a gt?? how much would i be looking at if i sell it as is you reckon???

any advice opinions will be appreciated

IMG00062-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00062-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00066-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00065-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00064-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00067-20110528-1605.jpg

IMG00068-20110528-1606.jpg

IMG00069-20110528-1606.jpg

IMG00070-20110528-1606.jpg

IMG00071-20110528-1606.jpg

IMG00072-20110528-1607.jpg

let me know what you think please guys and gals :)

thanks steve :(