JHAM EP82, Black n Red hybrid monster project

Hello everyone,

Just got my 1993 GT Turbo,

Not alot of progress so fare but figured i would post some pics up and keep adding allong the way.

Heres how she looked the day i picked it up:

side.jpg

No major updates straight away just abit more engine tidying, sprayed up the the standard Strut and got the rocker cover power coated. Also added TRD sweat bands over resovoirs. Engine still very much work in progress:

StrutBefore.jpg

StrutAfter.jpg

EngineBefore.jpg

EngineAfter.jpg

Few more pics after i gave her a quick clean and polish :mellow:

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

BonnetUp.jpg

Thinking of changing the wheels to Rota Grids or possibly spray the ones i have black as going for black and red theme, opinions?

Futrue plans are to get a CT9 Hybrid Setup, found a JAMS ECU forsale and got that ordered up, also got my name down for group buy on De-cat. Just need to find myself a nice manifold i can fit with my intercoler hot pipe going over the top. if any one knows of a good one let me know. (Aware this is abit of a crap set up for intercooler but going to keep the same for now)

More pics to follow as parts start arriving, Watch this space!!

Leave ya with a pic of my car and my other lil toy:

Toys.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jus wondering , did u use engine lacquer wen doin ya rocker cover

and also did u reuse the gasket or just got a new one

and lastly did you wash the rocker cover , by like putting it in the bath n giving it a good rub dwn with a wire brush etc?

I took the rocker in for powder coating, so they blasted it down and did all the prep work for me and painted it back up.

I did buy new gaskets, i didnt realise each spark plug also had an individual gasket, so the shot blasting detroyed those gaskets.

only found this out after putting the cover back on and finding oil coming out the spark plugs :/

Believe you can use the old gaskets but found them on ebay for 10 quid so thought may aswell replace.

If your going to paint yourself you could get away with leaving the spark plug gaskets in

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone whos interested have some more updates, few things arrived today :)

New manifold, due to slight warpage have to get it machine flatterned bit of a bummer but not end of the world

IMG_0149.jpg

and my new ECU :D ;)

IMG_0150.jpg

just awaiting my new Decat from group but then gonna get hybrid turbo shopping

Fitted the ECU, took for a test drive, not a real difference other then no more fuel cut and bit more responsive :) will have to wait to get the other mods on, did notice that the revs drop quite low now after heavy acceleration, doesnt cut out but does drop close.

any idea what this could be?

Ok probably my biggest update yet:

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

just need to collect some gaskets for the manifold and decat and will hopefully fit all this some time next week.

Opinions people, am i heading in down the right track?

Wheel refurb is on the cards soon cant make up my mind wether to go candy apple red or black, incase you havent guessed red and black is the theme want this car lookin evil :lol:

Not cheshires old one, was going to get his but this guy offered me one real cheap just had to wait 3 weeks :/ glad i did though!

Been looking at your build recently think we have similar goals to liking the work!

An think your right with the whoe colour thing, as long as its clean its good, just trying to find something unique at the moment to put my stamp on it

no1 has a giant penis on there roof :lol: lol jokes i would do that

haha yeah im looking to achieve 200bhp this year and get most of the handling , gauges , and the base of the car sorted

then next year a better turbo , n possibly a forged depending on job oppourtunity :) i.e. a promotion :lol: