Need new tyres up front

As above need new tyres at the front to replace my Yoko A048's

Looking to get something more pratical with the british weather gey...

Looking at the parada spec II. cheapest is camskill right?

What other tyres should i look at?

Cheeerrrssss,

Dan :)

I read somewhere that there not that good, not sure where. also looking at Uniroyal Rainsport 2 they have brilliant reviews. i remeber joz bought some for his and said they are the best tyres around.

ive got the rainsports on front of mine atm good tyres in rain and dry but i need some new rears think ill try something else for the summer as they are good all round tyres IMO but i want something more sticky now its starting to get dryer

i always use toyo t1r's there very good for the money and if you look at reviews you will also see they are very good in the wet and dry :) camskill are the cheapest

x2 brilliant tyres

I was looking at Rainsport 2s for the Leon, they have rave reviews but on the Auto Express tyre test they didn't do as well as I thought they would

Summer is coming so my choice would be Parada's alot better than T1R's IMO and not much more expensive plus they look awsome and that really makes a difference to me

Thanks for the tips

Not really that bothered about a good tyre for the wet just the dry. The paradas must be better than the a048 in the wet anyway so that's an improve ment lol.

Any more opinions?

Just read this on tyrereviews.co.uk

I put these on my 220bhp FWD saloon after previously having budget tyres, bridgestone re010, Toyo R888's, Silverstone RR's and Bridgestone 040's.

I have to say that the wet grip on these tyres is actually WORSE than that of cold semi-slicks. They inspire no confidence on anything other than a hot, dry road and will snap away and understeer with very little warning.

during the night on a slightly damp road, the grip levels were dangerous because despite having a torque-sensing LSD, I would get understeer with no warning whatsoever if there was the slightest hint of damp tarmac.

They aquaplane in standing water at anything over 55mph, just like Toyo R888's.

3 things save this tyre :

very cheap

bone dry grip is excellent and rivals that of semi-slicks (on-road)

the wear rate is very acceptable, considering the price

i will not be buying these tyres again. i've switched back to RE040's for the winter. These are OEM fitment on Civic Type R's and renowned to be poor in the wet. However, the difference between the 2 is night and day.

it just goes to show how bad the yokos were in the damp if 040's feel grippy.

next time i will not be compromising on price and will be paying the premium for Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

Not sure about these now, Semi-slicks, cold in the wet is like driving on ice!

I'll look into the toyo's

Yeah, they were

Looked into the toyo's far better reviews. and cheaper too. I might go for them, but before i commit i'll do a bit more hunting about

Dont really want to be spending more then £90 tbh

went it to my local tyre fitter to get few bits today n asked bout prices on there pradas and they were £80 fitted so i said it was alright id get them somewere else n get them to fit them then he asked what price i could get them at i said well look for your self its camskills n they matched the price so cant complain

parada's are 10x better in the dry but t1r's are better in the wet, the t1r's side wall is far too soft imo. I think the reviews on the t1r's are people just saying there amazing just because its what they have on there car.

ave had both toyo and prada and found prada very slippy in the wet, damp or cold but in the dry were amence. but tbh toyo are better all rounder for our weather.

Ran Paradas on my N/a has 3sets of them fitted on it too.

To be honest they was terrible in the wet and even in the cold. Im also 90% certain the reason i crashed the N/a was because of these. In the dry they dont get much better.

If your looking for a good tyre for the crap british weather i would recommend Goodyear Eagle F1s all day long. Fitted 1000's of these at work and never had one complaint. Uniroyal Rainsports 2s are awesome in the crap weather too as there designed for Wet weather but are also designed to be good in all conditions.

Would stay clear of Paradas if your looking for a good tyre in the crap weather. And i use to swear by Paradas.