tommys carat ep95 (now lowered on coilovers)

Finally got my finger out and made a bit of shape to my engine. Fitted new toyota seals to my transfer box and gear box and got it all bolted together again. Also fitted the new timming belt and plugs and bolted on my sump. Just ruffly set my turbo set up on so should hopefully be near ready for setting engine in cant wait :thumbsup: .

PA020591.jpg

PA020593.jpg

PA020592.jpg

PA020594.jpg

PA020596.jpg

PA020595.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Woop woop engine is in so just waiting on my new manifold then should be ready for starting. Civic radiator fitted with jd tuning fitting kit and catch can just fitted for now.

PB131422.jpg

PB131424.jpg

Also bought a wepr front mount intercooler and fitted it and cut my bumper to suit.

PB131426.jpg

PB131427.jpg

Shouldn't be to long now for first start.

Get the battery in it and turn it over lol.

I was going to suggest you fit the inner CV cups and fill the transfer box with oil before putting it all in as its a pain to do once it is in, but I was to slow Tom. Looking good so far mate.

Ha ha did my home work lol a past quote from the man himself wee john

Only other advice I could give is to build up the engine, gearbox and transfer box, but leave off the inlet mani before fitting it into the engine bay. Its a lot easier to tighten everything up around the back, and filling the transfer box is a pain with the inlet mani on.

So box and transfer box are filled john :D .

• 2 months later...

I bet, im the same. cant wait to see what boosted 4paw is like :D how much power you expecting?

Dont really know lad not going to mad like yourself. Just staying un-forged but suppose if i had round 200-220 i will be happy to start with and who knows what brake she will end up.

• 5 months later...

Its been a wile with working away and one thing leading to another i have been paying the ep95 any attention. So now i am off for 2 weeks holidays so time to get stuck into this again got my self a few bits.

Bought myself a set of st185 celica gt4 single pot calipers and hangers.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

And when i was standing in the fella shed spotted this wee gem sitting gave her a clean up it was bogging but cleaned up nicely.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

And these are the app braided front lines of a starlet i was breaking

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

And here's my cusco 4 point for a ep91 in cusco blue.

376371_262935467140912_2035644993_n.jpg

Next up date shouldn't be as long thanks for looking tom.

Thanks lads have bought grooved discs and walbro fuel pump so just waiting on them.I had her running before i went so need to get my fan wired up and give her a good run and phil any time your up next antrim give me a shout and call in lad for a chat and a look round pal.

Test fitted the cage today and cut the plastics. Cage isn't bolted in yet but dam it looks good.

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

And because of the elbow on my turbo the 4wd coolant bottle doesn't fit so i made a bracket for the glanza coolant bottle nothing to special but will o the job.

DSC_0179.jpg

Got some parcels yesterday haven't been well so no more progress on the car but will get something done tomorrow.

Got astra cdti grooved discs will need to get left in tomorow to be machineed.

DSC_0461.jpg

Walbro pump

DSC_0460.jpg

And a pair of takata harnesses

DSC_0181.jpg