lost a hell of a lot of coolant from the engine today

i was racing a porsh cayman s today and well it all ended in tears lol was doing up to around 150mph average 140 was fun at the time any way i travelled may be 10 miles home after this raceing and parked the car up and noticed what looked to be ribena on the wing, i put my finger in it n smelt it straight away i realised it was coolant checked under the bonnet and omfg was it a mess the overflow bottle was full to the top and the rad was half empty?

the coolant had gone everywhere took it to my friends we drained the coolant and refilled the rad and topped up with fresh coolant checked the oil (no milkynes) checked around the water pump etc. all seemed good i noticed the overflow pipe that goes between oveflow bottle and rad was kinked and im guessing/hoping this would be the culprit for the huge pressure build up

im hoping i havent damaged anything its still running sweet i got a video of the race but i dont think im gonna put that one on you tube.

headgasket is the culprit. mine did this on the rollers.

Take the lid off the expansion tank but have the stick inside the coolant still, then rev the engine high and see if any bubbles are popping up. thats a sign. Do this after a boosted drive

did someone not say in the "top speed " thread that people have said theyve lost rad caps when travelling that fast etc ?

yeh that was me then it happened ;lol i think i know what caused it i changed the oem pipe that goes between rad and overflow bottle and the pipe was a little kinked so i guess pressure built up and it just shot its load from the overflow bit.

temp never went past half way normal temp car is running fine today didnt race anyone on the way home today though lol i need to clean my engine bay up now.

so if the overflow pipe between the rad and overflow was kinked could this be the culprit hope i aint done the head i have no milkyness and no rad bubbling she still seems sweet.

• 2 months later...
headgasket is the culprit. mine did this on the rollers.

Take the lid off the expansion tank but have the stick inside the coolant still, then rev the engine high and see if any bubbles are popping up. thats a sign. Do this after a boosted drive

i have done what you suggested and there is no bubbling in the expansion tank could my gasket still be ok its still running mint but im not one to take chances

when mine was mapped it did this. i drained overflow bottle so it was just over low level indicator. filled rad to top of filler neck. was fine for a week. decided to then fill my overflow bottle back upto full. it then filled up and rad level went down. its ok now i've re drained bottle again n topped up rad.

Tut Tut... Get The Video Up! Will be fine aslong as you cant see any plates!

I would check for anyhole's or damage to your rad, but sound's like headgasket! :)

the head might of just lifted mate. just keep an eye on it.

also did you do the sniffer test after hard boosted driving?

i boosted it a bit there was tons of traffic around got good couple 1 & 2 full boost runs im going to keep an eye on it cheers mate