scottish members have a look!

hi guys!

A mate of mine has just aqquired a new unit in glasgow kitted out with a spraybooth/oven, 5 bays with ramps and all the tools you need, there is also a jig here too. Hes opening it as a 24hr DIY garage in the next few months when we get the place cleared out. For workspace/tools or access to the spray booth im sure i could sort out a uksc discount for you guys!

He also has a breakdown wagon to bring your car here if its not road worthy/prepped for paint.

im sure itll come in handy! what do you think lads?

the place is massive! we could even use it as a place for meets and things as its in an industrial estate and we can make as much noise as we want lol

i was in it last nite roaming around like a kid in a sweety shop, so many goodies lying around and shit loads of wheels,bumpers,doors etc

also found a decent set of seats ive claimed for my own car!

will do, its full of shit just now, finding new things all the time. Theres a few cars here that dont seem to belong to anyone either :p loads of engines/gearboxes and the offices at the back have been used for storage for a pound shop or something :) some amount of shite in there :)

the place is a goldmine tho cant wait to see it up and running

no mate he doessnt paint, hes hoping to get a painter in a few days a week.

i have a HNC in body repair but i havent painted anything in a few years so hoping to get back into it

@russleh the place is right behind that mot center i took you too;) less than a minute from my house lol its gonna be my second home:lol:

it doesnt even have a name lol the old boy who owns it only uses a small part of the place to rebuild gearboxes and lets people store things overnight in there (ice cream vans, burger vans etc) he doesnt even charge them. my mates whipping the place into shape and getting rid of everyone elses shit and cleaning the place up. ill get some pics soon

its in carntyne industrial estate

ill get some pics next time im up, hes not a painter dude, in fact he knows next to nothing about cars, he has a great business idea tho and i think it'll take off. theres paint guns and everything here just bring your shit and paint it yourself:D

dont have a clue what his prices are gonna be but it wont be majorly expensive or no one will use it lol

Dont want to shit on your parade mate as honestly it is a fucking cracking idea and i'd love to get in about the ramps and booth BUT.

This is not new this has been tried before thats what halfords was meant to be about most halfords (old ones) have garages at them that you were supposed to be able to book them out and use the likes of the ramps and stuff to work on your own car and hire the use of the tools but fell through due to health and safety and insurance reasons.

so get your mate to fully check that out first and if it is all ok then he's onto a winner as if i wasn't f'ing off i would defo be interested.