Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

@ Idrees - Nice one bud. I'll come up next weekend or the weekend after. Im on a tight schedule at the moment as i've just been promoted at work so i don't have much free time in the next two weeks. I'll let you know when im coming up bud. :)

@ Enzo - Yes i crave the boost all the time. After it kicks in i have to change gear at the moment as im still running it in. I've only done about 50 miles in it. I only really got to drive it in the last two days as the exhaust wasn't sorted. Sorry i haven't got any pictures of the loom itself as it was already installed on the engine when i got it.

Now the exhaust is all sorted out for the time being i can drive it without it sounding like a drum kit. I've had the sports backbox welded onto the standard Glanza system like it was with the old n/a engine in. I will be getting a full system done at some point but im going on holiday in a couple of months so that is my priority.

I can't wait until it's run in as it's begging to be played with. ;).

Bourkey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Jag - thanks for the comment and yes i know it does :p.

As for the lip im still undecided what is should do so im going to get the lip to see what it looks like and then i'll make my mind up.

Im loving the attention im getting at the moment. As soon as someone hears the chatter they turn to peek. I was with Mark the other day and a road worker asked what it was. I was bragging of course :D :D.

Bourkey

@ Jag - Cheers bud.

I've been going to work in my car for the past two days as i am seeing what it is like on petrol plus it gets miles on it so i can run it in. I work about five miles from home in Manchester city centre. It is nice and comfortable in traffic. The turbo barely gets a chance to spool up as Manchester traffic is pretty crap in the morning.

I spend pretty much the whole day worrying about my car now so i may buy a buss pass for work and leave the car saftely locked up at home without it's steering wheel on. Now me and public transport just don't go together well. I hate it and always have done. So the other option is buy a cheap second car to drive to work in.

hmmmmmm decisions decisions

Bourkey

;) i know i know. I want to save £££ though now as im going on holiday, i want more for my car plus i want to move out after summer. Parents are doing my head in!!! Also my work buy the buss pass for me or the Metrolink pass, and i pay them back over the year by them taking the tiny amount for each month out of my pay. So i wont really notice it gone.

My promotion will help me a lot but where ever i can save dosh i will.

Bourkey

What a mint ride! Congrats on the install! I'm going to attempt to install a 4EFTE also into the EP91 this weekend.

We're also going to transplant the EP82 dails into the dash. Fingers crossed.

Reading through the dramas you faced was really helpful in preparing for our modding. Public transport is the way to go these days mate, even here in OZ. Petrol is high as, parking is high as and the way people drive doesn't help the odds of our treasured cars (what ever make, model and year).

Congrats once again on the install, and bring on the good times!

Cheers,

Jules

Yes you driving me round for an hour looking for two stupid little bolts was mega lol!!! ;) :p ;)

Bourkey

HAHA I know what you mean, I was helping a mate install a door - we ended up stripping the screws and decided to go to the local hardware store to get some new ones...except it was closed T___T . Major bush mechanic styles ensured that we finished it at 2am in the morning.

More photos please :p

hey bourkey, there were two guys in your photos when you were putting the new engine.

They don't go by the names of Alex Leahy and Phil Dawson do they?

but if he does, he will get boost creep, and i dont think he has the stuff to sort it out yet?!

me and mi16chris run wth no filters what so ever and just have mesh....we dont suffer from creep....

Guest Enzo

you knows it makes sense to get a wee shitty run around, something completely shite shag tastic so every time you jump in the black beest ul apreceate it more.

so what does your bettter half and your folks think of the car then?

Wow been off for a day and my topic is buzzing :D

@ RME1 - It was crap trust me. We were asking everyone until we found a shite little garage that had them. I was so chuffed when we got them.

@ Rick - Yes i am intending on doing it in the future but i was reading about fuel cut and crap like that and i just didn't want the hassle to be honest. I really wanted it as well. Could you enlighten me in what i would need to do it sucessfully? Cheers bud

@ Kentris - Oh my God you little F**ker!!!!!! How the Feck do you know that!!! I've known Alex for about 18 months now and i met Phil through Alex. Now Phil is my mechanic who does pretty much everything i can't do

@ Cal - Could you tell me how you have done it?

@ Enzo - Yeah i was thinking of a 1.0l micra :D. I had one as my first car, a bubble one. Was fun at the time and i could get 350 - 400 miles to a tank. I'll decide in a week or two. My girlfriend loves it. I've let her have a go as well with me in it :(. Apart from me (duuurr) and Dub se7en she is the only person i've let drive it. My mum doesn't really under stand what it is, she likes the shiney pipes and thats about it. My dad thinks im mental and im going to end up in a tree as i've never had anything near as powerful as this.

I've have got a boost gauge off Alex which im gonna throw in this weekend if i can but apart from that nothing more exciting yet except im just getting more miles on it to run it in.

Bourkey

some get boost creep and some dont...didnt you port you wastegate tho cal?

To mesh the turbo go and buy a cheap metal sieve, and a jubilie clip that will fit round the turbo inlet....basically cut the mesh out of the sieve, put it over the inlet...clamp it on...