Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Kentris - Oh my God you little F**ker!!!!!! How the Feck do you know that!!! I've known Alex for about 18 months now and i met Phil through Alex. Now Phil is my mechanic who does pretty much everything i can't do

That's not very nice :( .

But yeah, went to high school with both of 'em.

@ Rick - Yeah i know how to do that but it's just the other bits as Rob said about boost creep and will i hit fuel cut? I just don't want to have the hassle of fuel cut and stuff at the mo thats why im cautious about it. Do you reckon i will have problems with it?

@ Rob - I don't think i would do the mesh but im certianly considering the filter off the turbo though. I want to get rid of some of the lag i have got with the large front mount and no BOV.

Does any of you know if this increases power and turbo spooling time?

@ Kentris - It's such a small world it's unreal. Mark joined here recently and he somehow knew my sister as well. You amazed me when you mentioned both their names. Whats your real name as im seeing Phil tomorrow and i'll ask if he remembers you?

Bourkey

I mounted my filter behind the bumper, cost like £30 to get the samco and stainless pipes to make it up...but had to get rid of it as I couldn't drive anywhere on boost as it would just fuel cut immediately. Felt fast though, and sounded the nuts!

@ Montanajr - What mods you got? I've got a FMIC and no BOV so do you think it will happen to me?

I'll put up a spec list of my car shortly as i haven't dont one yet.

Bourkey

@ Kentris - It's such a small world it's unreal. Mark joined here recently and he somehow knew my sister as well. You amazed me when you mentioned both their names. Whats your real name as im seeing Phil tomorrow and i'll ask if he remembers you?

Bourkey

My names Ken, if the name doesn't ring a bell tell them I'm the Chinese lad from Ashton (my school form group) Wouldn't surprise me if they insult me. hahaha.

@ Montanajr - What mods you got? I've got a FMIC and no BOV so do you think it will happen to me?

I'll put up a spec list of my car shortly as i haven't dont one yet.

Bourkey

At the time I had a de-cat, exhaust, RX-7 TMIC...but I don't think a frount mount will make any difference; the turbo is taking in more air than it can get rid of, and boost is creeping. Best solution is porting the wastegate! Or just run 1Bar with supporting mods :(

@ Montanajr - I ported the wastegate a little when the engine was out but i didn't want to do it too much as i didn't want to wreck it. I could get it done properly if needed be though as i just wouldn't want to damage it.

@ Dub Se7en - Yeah i am waiting until it is run in properly. I've done quite a few miles on it now so the next thing i need to do is the 100 oil change.

@ Kentris - Yeah Phil knows you. He was asking what you were up to and i told him you were coming back up to Manchester in a few weeks. Phil wants a Glanza as well as he has been working on mine and marks and wants turbo in his life!!!! lol.

Oh yeah i realised today that we forgot to put a bolt back into the passenger front caliper. It's been knocking since the swap. It's was worrying when i found out today. Off to the scrappy (NB FOR THE BOLT NOT TO SCRAP MY CAR :() tomorrow.

Bourkey

I thought i'd finally do a spec list on mine. This is as of end of May.

Exterior:

205 Black SR

TTE spoiler

Fully debadged

TRD racing window stickers

Bump strips removed

Glanza rear lenses

Clear Indicators with black housing

Sunroof

Interior/ICE:

Stripped out rear

Custom wheel well boot build

Fli sub and amp

Pioneer CD tuner

Pioneer 4" speakers in the Dash

Rear trimmed in black alcantara

Door cards trimmed in black alcantara

MR2 turbo fully adjustable bucket seats

Black fitted car mats

Centre console painted metallic black

Dial surrouned painted metallic black

Chassis:

Tein 50mm (claimed) Lowering springs

SR Shocks

Glanza front strut brace

Buddy club P1 racing 2 alloys in gunmetal silver and polished lip.

Toyo T1-R 195/50/15 tyres.

Performance:

EP82 4EFTE Engine

4EFTE ECU

EP82 Gearbox

Custom made EP82/SR wiring loom

Autobahn Mk2 FMIC

No BOV

No air con pump or system

HKS Actuator

Pipercross Induction kit

RPM shift light on dash

Breather pipe filter

TC Tuning short shifter kit

High quality earthing kit

There is probably more but i'll add to it in a few weeks if i have missed anything.

Bourkey

right,first off all you need is some VERY fine mesh,and a decent jubilee clip,get the mesh and sit it over your inlet,then use the jubilee to do it up,do it up tight as it might get sucked in lol....the noise will be immense an it will make it feel so much better....trust me on that one

dont worry about the scary myths....load of cosh...lol

@ Cal - Don't tink i will go as mental as you and have the mesh but i'll be getting the filter relocated there for sure. Im gonna get the actuator to sort out my mega boost problem then i'll do probably.

Cheers for the comments guys. I'll get some more pics shortly.

And the spec list will get longer in the future. :unsure:

Bourkey

Fellow 4EFTE...

What was that comment I read about having dibs on a glanza bumper :angry:

Just drill out the holes yourself! DIY FTW!! It's only about $20 AU, or 10 odd pounds for a set of circular cutter drill bits.

They will pay themselves off in no time!

PHOTOS!!

Yeah the Glanza front end was something i kept changing my mind about. Instead im getting the Starlet SUV front bumper. Only a couple in the country so i might as well be different. Plus i think it would be mint in black!!!!

And photos will follow shortly when my gay arse internet works at home. Im only online at work at the moment.

Bourkey

Sorry to say i am not getting the spare wheel boot lid but i was tempted the other day. You never know though im indecisive. :D.

And yes Sparky the FMIC behind that bumper will look smart as fook i reckon!!!!!!

Got a few little bits and bobs im getting in the very near future aswell.

Bourkey

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!

Right the SUV bumper is on hold at the minute as i have flown through another 2 tyres at the front so £100 to a new set of Toyo T1-Rs at the front. I've now got them all round and i can say that they are pretty dam good tyres. I got them fitted by a mobile fitter who came at the time specified yesterday and did a super quick mint job on them.

Next was my tracking. I have known it has been out for a while but the tyres wearing out really quick again at the front showed it pretty badly. I got it laser tracked today and it was at -13mm each side. You may not know what that means but to show you how out they were they are meant to be at +5mm at each side. So my car wanted to go about 30ft per mile in the opposite direction as i was driving. :( . Anyway the car now handles mint and it doesn't as much petrol at all.

Next was my HKS actuator (thanks to Spoonz for getting them to me early) i fitted. It has stopped the fuel cut completely and i haven't fitted the HKS FCD i've got aswell. So im mega chuffed with that. Pulls nice and hard through the gears. Didn't go without problem though as i lost the little tiny clip for about 2 hours.

TC shifter is now in and as you may have read on the other thread it is working smoothly. I had to ring Rick to sort one or two small bits out as it was pretty stiff, but it works perfectly now.

I have got loads of pictures of the past few weeks but my dam web aint working so i can't put any up yet. I maybe able to do it in a while at Marks but you lot may have to wait.

Spec updated as well.

Bourkey

Howdy again!!

I've been cleaning up the car today for some pictures and i've also put a Glanza left light on as it looks much better without the reverse clear light.

And finally a couple of pictures. :(

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

DSC04044.jpg

DSC04050.jpg

Hope you likey.

Bourkey