Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

Just letting you all know im home now.

Im really cold because i have been in a really hot hospital so even though it lovely and sunny it feels like winter to me. When i got up and looked out into my yard and looked to see no car it feels really weird. There are still tyre marks on the floor from the SR aswell. :).

I can't walk very well yet so im a prisoner in my own home really. I was hardly muscley before but i have nothing on me now so even lifting up a laptop is tiring.

I've had a good look at the pictures now and i can't believe how bad it is. Im fairly doubtful they will give me the car back but after speaking to my insurance company earlier they and the police are going to be investigating for a good amount of time. Due to the severity of the crash this could take months.

If it was my fault i will be gutted as i have put so much into the car. Main thing is im still alive though :)

Bourkey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear you're home mate, best turn your heating up a bit though if that's the case!

I'm sure you'll be back on the mend in no time mate, just remember you've been given a second chance so it'll make you appreciate everything more now.

All the best mate, and I hope you have a really quick recovery.

hopefully you come to a speady recovery and not found at fault,

if you do get your motor back, by the looks of the damage the engine wwill still be salvagable

Glad to hear you home Bourkey

we never really met or whatever but you always came across as a genuine and kind guy, as i read along here that must be true cause you got lots of support from the entire club!

Nothing i say hasn't been said yet, but it's all true, you got a second chance so live every moment off it and try to get yourself fully functional before worrying about other stuff. It is easier said then done cause I'm sure most of us on this forum would be thinking the same like you.

Anyway I wish you a speedy recovery!!

Glad to see you're at Home now Bourkey, keep your focus on making a sppedy recovery and getting your strength back.

I look forward to seeing you all recovered at JAE, we'll have a drink and get my boy Bower to rustle you up something nice :lol:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys :lol:

bourkecarcrash1.jpg

bourkecarcrash2.jpg

bourkecarcrash4.jpg

bourkecarcrash.jpg

Well i have been to see the SR today for myself instead of looking at the pictures. To be honest when i saw it i was in shock. The pictures do not do the car justice at all. Im amazed i got off the scene with my heart beating. As the pictures show my entire side is completely gone with only part if the door internals remaining. All the electrics have been torn on that side so it looks like the entire car has shorted out. The keys are still in the ignition as i can't get them out due to the ignition being pushed so far inside the car. Also i can't open the bonnet to see the engine.

As for the circumstances of the accident i have the details from the people at the scene who recovered the car. I can't say it is true because i obviously don't know but it is from a good source. I have gone to overtake two cars on a straight and passed the first but for some unexplained reason i haven't got back in. One theory is the second car sped up to not allow me in quick enough, but it was only a Renault Scenic so there shouldn't have been any problem but there was. I was still on the wrong side going round a corner. The Land Rover coming in the opposite direction pulled as far over his side as he could to let me past but it didn't happen and we collided and with such force he was facing the other way. I went spinning out of control and was pulled out of my car by my seatbelt. After i stopped 100 yards away from the Land Rover i was under the front of my car no where to be seen. In the first few minutes people could not find me and neither could Craig. He managed to persuade someone to give him a lift off Snake Pass to get signal to ring the emergency services while i was still not found.

Then i moaned under the car and people found me under the car. A quick thinking person got a jack and lifted the car off me, which saved my life. Then i as taken care of and wrapped up in blankets and as you can see there was plenty of blood. After the emergency services turned up me and Craig went to seperate hospitals. I was 50/50 survival for the first night until i stabilized. I woke up in intensive car with lots of tubes hanging from all over me and a machine showing all my stats. I don't remember intensive care but i was awaking and cracking jokes apparently. Then the next thing i remember was waking up in a trauma ward as i'd improved enough to come out of intensive care.

At the scene, the police thought i was not going to make it so the scene was closed for 5 hours.

Now this goes to every single person reading this. I knew this road very well and even so this happened. No matter ho much you know a road, especially a country road, DON'T overtake EVER! We all do it but DON'T. I am lucky to be typing this right now. I have always said that we don't want an RIP topic on here and i nearly caused one myself. Im now not driving for months maybe even a year as im not in a fit enough condition to do so.

Drive carefully!!!!!

Thanks to all who helped save my life

Bourkey

Now this goes to every single person reading this. I knew this road very well and even so this happened. No matter ho much you know a road, especially a country road, DON'T overtake EVER! We all do it but DON'T. I am lucky to be typing this right now. I have always said that we don't want an RIP topic on here and i nearly caused one myself. Im now not driving for months maybe even a year as im not in a fit enough condition to do so.

Drive carefully!!!!!

Thanks to all who helped save my life

Bourkey

One thing I have to praise you for matey, is admitting to things, that takes balls more than anything, but you silly boy, overtaking on snake pass, but we all do it, it's just sods law it turned out like this, but be thankful you're alive, I know what its like to have an accident where death was only inches away, anyway, sorry for the rant, all the best for a speedy recovery :)