Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

He hit into a old land rover and i dont now what happened if we flip or spin i put these pics up to aware everyone to be careful.

Im sorry id like to correct that statement. The vehicle you hit was a Foers Ibex, there are less than 120 of them in the WORLD, each one is hand built at foers engineering and MINE WAS no. 2! I know how you guys feel about your hot hatches, i feel the same about my off roaders. Unfortunatly the guestimate is she cannot be fixed but thats to be decied in the future.

im the person you hit.

My names Tim Engel, i live in huddersfield and i have nothing to hide and not much to fear.

Bourkey, as angry as i was on the night i dont wish bad on anyone, i really hope you have a speedy recovery and you have no ill effects in the long term. most of all i hope you can remeber what heppend with you and your motor and learn from it. as far as i remember i was driving up the snake pass at 50 after driving stanage edge green lane, then i saw 2 headlights swerve out into the centre of the road, after that i was spinning up the road. people guess you were doing 70 to 100 mph which i cannot be sure of as im not an expert. The impact was enough to bend two landrover axles, smash a transfer box off a gearbox and bend an ibex space frame.

The scralet as you see it now is at it was on the night, no cutting. when i stumbled out of my ibex your mate was flapping about and then dissapeard, i think he went to get help, but imo you never leave your firends. My mate adam who was in another landrover infront of me, calmed me down and then checked your car with a light and found you trapped under it. he then got his jack out and we lifted the car off you. people say he saved your legs, i think theres a beer owed in there.

Thanks for the concern forum people for the third party, if this acident had of involved a family in a fiesta it could have been alot worse. in a way im gald you hit me and not my mate in his 90 as his motor prolly would not not have held out as well as mine. I feel really lucky, cuts, bruising, whiplash general pains and possible thing to develp in the future, who knows, but im deffinatly alive.

after reading all the posts, if we could help anyone in a bad situation be it on the roads or in the woods we wouldnt hesitate, speaking for me, Tim Engel and the other lad, Adam bates.

All the best for your recovery bourkey.

Timmy511.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sorry id like to correct that statement. The vehicle you hit was a Foers Ibex, there are less than 120 of them in the WORLD, each one is hand built at foers engineering and MINE WAS no. 2! I know how you guys feel about your hot hatches, i feel the same about my off roaders. Unfortunatly the guestimate is she cannot be fixed but thats to be decied in the future.

im the person you hit.

My names Tim Engel, i live in huddersfield and i have nothing to hide and not much to fear.

Bourkey, as angry as i was on the night i dont wish bad on anyone, i really hope you have a speedy recovery and you have no ill effects in the long term. most of all i hope you can remeber what heppend with you and your motor and learn from it. as far as i remember i was driving up the snake pass at 50 after driving stanage edge green lane, then i saw 2 headlights swerve out into the centre of the road, after that i was spinning up the road. people guess you were doing 70 to 100 mph which i cannot be sure of as im not an expert. The impact was enough to bend two landrover axles, smash a transfer box off a gearbox and bend an ibex space frame.

The scralet as you see it now is at it was on the night, no cutting. when i stumbled out of my ibex your mate was flapping about and then dissapeard, i think he went to get help, but imo you never leave your firends. My mate adam who was in another landrover infront of me, calmed me down and then checked your car with a light and found you trapped under it. he then got his jack out and we lifted the car off you. people say he saved your legs, i think theres a beer owed in there.

Thanks for the concern forum people for the third party, if this acident had of involved a family in a fiesta it could have been alot worse. in a way im gald you hit me and not my mate in his 90 as his motor prolly would not not have held out as well as mine. I feel really lucky, cuts, bruising, whiplash general pains and possible thing to develp in the future, who knows, but im deffinatly alive.

after reading all the posts, if we could help anyone in a bad situation be it on the roads or in the woods we wouldnt hesitate, speaking for me, Tim Engel and the other lad, Adam bates.

All the best for your recovery bourkey.

Timmy511.

Hi Tim,

I was the passanger in the starlet and i cannot remember that much to be honest but i think you know what happened yes i got out the car very shocked and dizzy and couldnt find james so yes i ran off to get signal on my phone for help yes maybe there were lots of other i should have done but its the first time i every been in that situation if i had to go through the situation again (Touch Wood i dont) i still wouldnt know what to do, I apologise for what as happened to you and adam, you two are obviously really nice people everyone was in shock up there, as i was in the local town i asked for a ambalance to go up to you guys and then they sent one for myself.

Craig

Welcome Tim, that made for quite a read, i didn't know how much my jaw could drop once i had read about James being underneath the car, i think your mate is a real life saver!

I hope all four of you, James, Tim, Craig and Adam are all on the mend and i hope you will all get back to the norm soon.

Boukey mate glad to hear you are ok i just spotted this this mate so sorry i aint replied sooner, can't believe how its nearly torn in 2.

You defo have someone watching over you over both of you's lucky guys.

Hope you get better soon

colin.

Welcome Tim, nice to know you're all ok. It's a shame about the Ibex, I've been doing a bit of reading up on them since you posted, and I have to say, they look pretty beastly! I never realised the damage was that extensive to the car after seeing a picture of it, apart from the front being a bit crushed, but wow.

I second the meet-up, would be nice to see you guys who saved James from further injury.

Hi Tim

I'm Tony James's dad and would like to thank you both for your help that night. Because of you actions and quick thinking jacking the car up and getting him out, you just might have saved his life. About the beer that will be on me (I'm sure there some good beer in Hudderfield, (did'nt I see James May and Oz Clark drinking on the railway station there on TV).

It was such a freak collision everyone who has seen the pictures cannot believe James wasn't killed or more seriously injured and how he ended up under his own car. I am sorry about the damage to your Foer Ibex, I have never heard of this model but if there's only 120 in the world makes it more unbelievable.

Behide all these satistics there are friends and family on both sides that are affected and we are all very lucky things were not worse

When everything has settled down I think there will be a meet with all James's friends and I'm sure there will be a few toasts to you two. I still would like to thank you personally with that drink and if you post your details I will contact you if your up for it (and with any of these crazy Starlets guys too)

All the Best

Tony, Pam, Chris and Jenny Bourke

I don't think you have this quoting stuff down to a T do you Jenny? ;)

It's not Jenny it's James's dad these new fangled computer things take some getting used to (by the way mines a Camry 2.2 sport keeping 'T's in the family.

Hi Tim

I'm Tony James's dad and would like to thank you both for your help that night. Because of you actions and quick thinking jacking the car up and getting him out, you just might have saved his life. About the beer that will be on me (I'm sure there some good beer in Hudderfield, (did'nt I see James May and Oz Clark drinking on the railway station there on TV).

It was such a freak collision everyone who has seen the pictures cannot believe James wasn't killed or more seriously injured and how he ended up under his own car. I am sorry about the damage to your Foer Ibex, I have never heard of this model but if there's only 120 in the world makes it more unbelievable.

Behide all these satistics there are friends and family on both sides that are affected and we are all very lucky things were not worse

When everything has settled down I think there will be a meet with all James's friends and I'm sure there will be a few toasts to you two. I still would like to thank you personally with that drink and if you post your details I will contact you if your up for it (and with any of these crazy Starlets guys too)

All the Best

Tony, Pam, Chris and Jenny Bourke

Cheers for the reply Mr Bourke.

Adam is definatly the guy you want to thank, he was the man with the jack and the quick thinking. Hes a proper trooper with a level head. there were alot of other people there that night who should also be praised many of which i dont know.

As for the drink etc, i agree, we should probably let the dust settle as the upheval of insurance an police could be another experience in its self. Having never gone through all this i dont know whats going to happen reguarding claims and all the rest of it....

all that matters is everyone comes out alive and well with no lasting effects. The cars can be replaced.

all the best, Tim.

hi again

firstly i would like to express my gratitude for those who saved my life. i cannot thank you enough. like i said i dont know what happened and probably never will remember. if was my fault i am very sorry. i know the road very well and i wouldnt usually be stupid on it. i havent seen the pictures yet as this web is crap but ive heard from others the car is a mess.

as for me my right lung is ok, left one is collapsing and my arm is a mess. fingers crossed im on the mend.

bourkey

Nice to see everyone being good and level headed about it, it's a huge shame that I'm sure you'd happily turn the clock back on if it was possible.

As stated many times, the positive is that everyone has come out of this alive, and (I hope) Bourkey seems to be well on the mend.

All the best mate, must be pretty gutting to loose the car and feel like you do at the same time, but at least there'll be a next time now.

Cheers for the reply Mr Bourke.

Adam is definatly the guy you want to thank, he was the man with the jack and the quick thinking. Hes a proper trooper with a level head. there were alot of other people there that night who should also be praised many of which i dont know.

As for the drink etc, i agree, we should probably let the dust settle as the upheval of insurance an police could be another experience in its self. Having never gone through all this i dont know whats going to happen reguarding claims and all the rest of it....

all that matters is everyone comes out alive and well with no lasting effects. The cars can be replaced.

all the best, Tim.

Hi,

Yes i would love to meet up with you guys aswell to say thanks face to face you both helped bourkey that night.

Craig

i havent seen the pictures yet as this web is crap but ive heard from others the car is a mess.

Bourkey mate, i dont want to sound rude (me rude.. no :D ) but when you do see the pics / car.. your probably going to cry.

Its a real :D ;) effect.