Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Gal - Well yes pretty much. But it's premium stuff so it is thicker than your average sub box. Im not massively in having a system i just like my music to sound good :D

@ Asda - Miles easier. It doesn't go up the hoover when im cleaning it :D. Stays cleaner for longer as well :D.

Bourkey

Im watching you two. Behave :D.

@ Idrees - Yeah it does look smart. I give it a lick of matt black paint to smarten it up as well :D. The other one doesn't fit on the back though. Im sure i have seen someone with it on the back though. Unless he bent the end bits in a bit???

Bourkey

• 2 weeks later...

Right been a busy little bee this weekend.

All started like this :drunk2:

DSCF2425.jpg

1stly the mani. Autobahn manis are so shit it's unreal. I hade seral engineers look at it and they all said it was extremely poor quality. The welds, the brackets every bit of it. After pulling all the mani and turbo off i found a good few cracks that i have had to get fixed. The surface that sits against the engine has also been skimmed as it was half a mm out wich is massive in engineering terms. Anyway here are the results.

Before

DSCF2403.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

DSCF2407.jpg

After

DSCF2419.jpg

DSCF2420.jpg

DSCF2418.jpg

Next the turbo. I have ported and polished the internals. The exhaust side has been opened up massively to improve flow. The wastegate has been ported properly so i avoid any boost creep and hitting fuel cut. The difference is a good one. The boost comes on a couple of hundered revs earlier and is nice and strong all the way to the end of the rev range. Here are the differences in the standard and my one.

Before

DSCF2399.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

After

DSCF2412.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2413.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

Then it all went back on again and then everything is perfect :surrender:.

DSCF2423.jpg

DSCF2422.jpg

DSCF2426.jpg

Bourkey

Cheers guys :surrender:. I've been hammering it all weekend to be honest as i love the kick on it now it is all fixed and working sweet. Im just waiting for a fuel rail adapter and im going 1 bar in the near future :drunk2:.

Bourkey

Looks good mate, how much did the manifold work cost? PM me if you want to. :surrender:

Did you just port the turbo with a dremel? I want a tutorial on this! I wanna do the same to mine before fitting it! :drunk2:

It was all free bud. My dad and his mate did all the work on it :surrender:. The amount of work would of cost a fair bit as well. The turbo porting was done with a dremel with grinding stones and also a drill on the wastegate. It took a good day to do the turbo and a hour at least to do the work on the manifold.

Im so glad my dad had the stuff to do this otherwise i'd be paying a fair bit.

Bourkey

Your a huge help with those pics will be doing the same in a week or so!!

Got any tips for removing the tubby, mani and cat? Do you split it all and then fit it all back piece by piece or just bolt it all back on at once?

Oh and get a decat :)

Nah i do it slightly different rob. I take it off in one big piece with the mani turbo and cat all in one. It's so much easier. Then i put it in a vice to hold it when i take it apart :).

It is a gutted cat Sparky :p:).

Bourkey