Honda S2000 GPW 'VGS' Model!

its a very often used mistake people thinking the s2k runs the same engine as a civic type r but hey,

id prefere it to have a k20 as you could then do a k24 transpant and k series engine react better to N/A tuning where as the s2k f20 will only ever gain 20-30 bhp without spending thousands :lol:, honda designed it pretty much on the limit of its performance ability so you need to change lots of internal and bolt on bits to gain big BHP :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that mate, ahd a massive barney with a mate the other day who was adamant its the same engine as the K20 lol

I know its very similar though..

the 2.2 was mainly developed for the USA market but you can get hold of a jap import right hand drive 2.2 s2000 but there very rare, almost as rare a rocking horse droppings in fact.

ive heard good things about the engines for turbo aplications but as a stock unit not that many people like them and there are virtually no 2.2 specific tuning parts available :lol: all the manifolds and parts are designed for 2.0 flow rates but will fit 2.2 as stub pattern is the same on the head.

Honda's make all there power at top RPM so it would have to be a 2.0 litre screamer for me out of the 2 cars. but i would love to drive one to see what the difference actually is.

id like to get hold of a 2.2 fit uprated oil & water pump, acl bearings, arp bolts, stand alone managment, ITB's with some agressive cams and i think you could see close to 300bhp with a 10-11k rev limit :)

rob2.2, off topic a little, but how do you find the F22? I was always curious to see the differences between them would be.

A little more low down grunt and a lower rev limit is what I read, is is really noticeable?

boys i lov these motors, my mate has just got the accord h22. so we getting 1 of thm rediculas manifolds for it. it has the leather trim well nice, honda do the best veriable valve engine on the market. he paid 2.9k which is nothing for wat u get.

Just been down to see my mate at my local Honda tuning place to discuss a few options ;)

Skunk2 exhaust system will be in the UK start of June so think i will have one of them :D £600

While im at it i think i will take a Skunk2 gearknob too

We discussed intakes, and have decided on the AEM cold air intake -£250

Think my clutch has started slipping so we taked new clutch and flywheels, Competition clutch and light weight flywheel sorted - £500

My mate who works at the local motor factors has priced me up some EBC grooved and dimpled discs front and rear along with yellow stuff pads - £350 (normally £450, the joys :p) will probably add some braided lines to that also.

Meister Rs coilover pretty much confirmed, just need to pay lol - £600

Which just leaves a manifold for now, maybe a buddy club one, and wheels, still undecided on them yet....

Oh and a front lip of some sort.

So as you can see, i have only owned the car 2 weeks, and the mod bug has hit me already.... haha

That will do for now untill i decide weather im going to got ITB or Supercharger :p

lov it fella, and yep do not think u will find any one that does not like hondas.

i have a rover 200 coupe that is coming in, that has the d16 engine, a street demon turbo kit to fit, this will be a 10sec car. with stock internals. just finished a 2ltr corsa convertion, so i cant wait to get stuck in.

lov it fella, and yep do not think u will find any one that does not like hondas.

i have a rover 200 coupe that is coming in, that has the d16 engine, a street demon turbo kit to fit, this will be a 10sec car. with stock internals. just finished a 2ltr corsa convertion, so i cant wait to get stuck in.

You know it mate the d series engine love booooost!!!

Awesome.

I'd say ibt's just think of the noise!!!

Cheers Dan, yeah i know, will sound immense but so would the whine of a charger...

The thing is both setups will cost nearly the same sort of money...

• 2 weeks later...

Well still no real updates, changed the front plate for a smaller one so that looks better, will get a pic when get some decent weather!!

Also found a private plate for the car too so will probs get that.

Still deciding on an exhaust too, was going to get the Skunk2 megapower, but after abit more research i found that its a horrendously loud exhaust haha

So think im going to go for the Fujitsubo Legalis R or the Tanabe Concept G/Medallion!

Decided against a decat too as they throw all sorts of dash codes, and cant be arsed with the hassle of maybe failing MOTs again, so am going to go for a Berk HFC.

Manifold is likely to be a BuddyClub one, seems a middle of the market part, better quality than the DC sports stuff and as much as i want a Spoon or Toda manifold, i really cant afford or justify spending that amount of money haha

Waiting for payment details for the Meister R coilovers so i can get them ordered.

Will go for a K&N Fipk air induction kit, seems decent for power and is decent priced.

As for wheels im going to sell the curent ones or maybe keep them as winter wheels, going to go for Rota wheels (i know not JDM B) ) but have you seen the price of new 17'' JDM wheels :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well small update, going to pick up a OEM hardtop tomorrow from London, its currently OEM silverstone grey, but it comes with the fitting kit and a decent price tag, so im happy untill i get it sprayed the Grand Prix White to match the car...

..So in that case, whatever wheels i go for will probably go white too :(

Which im hoping to get a set of OEM Honda NSX wheels, so the car is going to look clean and OEM which will look pretty cool i think!!!

Oh and how i LOVE ebay, just picked up a 2nd hand TODA clutch/flywheel kit similar to the ORC309 i had on the GT with a few thousand miles on, so that should cope with whatever power upgrades i go for in the future.

Pics tomorrow :(

Well hardtop fitted yesterday, looks cool although its silverstone grey and not white lol, but will leave it be for now and get it painted the same time as my OEM front splitter.

Sweeeeeet, would love to see it on NSX wheels think it would look awsome :o

Looking forward to the updates :D

Yeah me too mate, they are a little pricey though, so im just deciding atm..

s2ks look best on their ass.

make it so :)

yeah they do but they are pretty low on standard ride height, ive already had a few bad scrapes

Im sound mate could do with lost of money but other then that fine lol...Hows you mate? are you not missing boost yet? :) even though im sure this beast will be boosting at some point in its life lol