Honda S2000 GPW 'VGS' Model!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the DC5's and the DC2's an would like one but there all so much the same, as in once you seen one you seen them all if ya get what i mean...

I have always brought a car as a difference from the norm, not what other's around me have got...

Dunno what i would get if anythink happended to the starlet, dont think i would get anouther...

Yeah i know what you mean mate, but yeah dc5s are still lovely cars.

Love this mate, very nice ;)

Cheers matey ;)

looks niiiice, would be nice having something like that esp during summer. what are the wheels then? they look like ultralites (i think)

Yeah thats my thinking behind it, a nice comfy car, convertible for the summer months, hard roof for the winter.

Its white, JDM and sounds awesome ;)

They are BBS RG-Rs, apparently really rare, but am going to sell them, not my cup of tea..

love it mate! wanted to get one of these but insurance wouldent let me! so thats why i got the mx5 B) nice to have the top down yeh.

get a build thread on the go mate!!!!

Yeah lovely car mate really is, nice to have the top down when sun is shining :D

Yeah will sort a build thread out.

mega! always liked these!!!! health to enjoy man!

Phil.

Cheers Phil ;)

Supercharge it ! 400whp on stock engine. Bigger injectos a beefy clutch. my mates one was rapid!!

Yeah i think im going to go that route, probably end of the winter months though, as not much point when its always raining lol

For now though gonna get an uprated clutch, uprated brakes, give it a good service, new wheels, coilovers, change exhaust...

And then probably go ITBs, ECU and bigger injectors :D

Larvvv it mate i went to a local meet last night and there was 1 of these drifting around everwere real smart ;)

Cheers matey ;)

very nice mate, is this a hardtop version?

Spoon parts are very expensive indeed,

nice mugen intake system?

No its not the GT version, but its probably one of the rarest S2000s you can get being a 'VGS' model, steers like a go karts lol

Yeah most stuff for these cars seems to be expensive lol

mugen intake? have i got one you mean? nope, gonna go ITBs so no point ;)

looks mint! J's racing body kit and itll look at its best, best kit available and in white itll be lush!!

Cheers dude, yeah most of the bodykits available are gorgeous, liking the mugen kit myself but might keep it OEM looking..

Looking good bud B) I miss mine for the summer nights, but I don't miss having to drop 3 cogs to go anywhere and the shite fuel consumption due to having to give it some death to get it really moving.

I'd have another but I'd definetly need a daily. Great when your on Max Attack, but I felt a bit "meh" at all other times. ;) Wheels look good. I put AP2 V1's on mine. Think they are great ;) I bought an AP1 aftermarket plastic lip from the states. Was about £110, worth EVERY penny!!

Whats the VGS all about? I'm assuming its a spec over in Japanland? **EDIT** Just checked....its effectively speed sensitive steering....fair play**EDIT**

oh and FYI, the GT's are nothing special. The only difference is the actual Hardtop. The engine, suspension, brakes etc are all identical. Anyone thinking of buying one and see a GT with no hardtop, haggle like fuck because without the hardtop and stand its just another S2000 ;)

Cheers mate, yeah it does take abit to get it going lol but i dont mind the fuel consumption tbh as my gt pissed the vpower away haha

Thats why im going to go for ITBs, i know not much more performance, but will sound awesome, and response will be amazing.

Yeah the wheels are really nice, light and rare but just not my cup of tea tbh, dont know what i want though, maybe rfp1s from the states...

And yeah the AP2 wheels do look good, think im going to get a set aswell for a set of winter wheels

Yeah the VGS is awesome, youcant do a full turn of the steering wheel lol so round abouts and corners are effortless ;)

Apparently its a really rare car being white and VGS, so im a happy chap!

Thats right the GTs just came with a hard top, nothing else was different, saw so many GT models for sale without the hardtop lol

Going to source a hardtop for the winter though.

looks awesome mate , get some enkei's rpfr1 sexy :D

Thanks mate, yea the rfp1s are damn sexy, can get them for a good price from the states too ....

love it sanchez, white ftw!

how much did u pay for her ?

Cheers Eric, yeah was the only white one for sale for a few weeks, as soon as i see it, i called and put a deposit down.

Even better that its an import ;)

I paid £6500 for it, a steal i think, i reckon its worth more as its so rare.

How you get on with the oil cooler mate, never heard back?

Wheels are nice!

BUT

I don't think they suit the car, personally I love the standard S2k wheels ;)

Cheers dude, and i agree on the wheels

But im guessing you mean standard ap2 wheels? as the ap1 wheels are gay and 15'' lol

If your wanting to mod it for noise, just get a cone filter. If you want performance there really are no options but FI. ITB's, Exhausts, Filters all do sod all for them. Adding them will give you about 5-10hp tops as the engine is so fine tuned from Honda, its really not worth fucking about it. Supercharge it and that's another story. If I got another it would be the first thing on my list as the suspension and brakes in stock form are outstanding. IMHO Putting coilovers would ruin it. The stock setup is perfect for a road car.

Your car though B) Enjoy it, especially with the summer coming in.

Remember the first rule of Soft-top club.....

No Rain, No Roof.

Yeah i will supercharge ie mate when ive got a little bit of spare cash, so will probably wait and collect parts for it over the winter.

But ive always wanted to try ITBs so going to give that ago for starters, then can sell all that and fund the supercharger kit(about £3K)

Going to change both brakes and for some uprated EBCs for now, then see what i can afford in the winter, and going to ger some Meister Rs for suspension, as it needs to be dropped a little, can see too much arch for my liking haha

Haha at the soft top club rule

awesome dude!! always loved these!!

Thanks alot matey

My mates selling his supercharger kit with front mount and aem plug and play piggy back. Did that car go. Clutch was ok for about a day! Then came the light weight fly wheel and updated clutch can't remember the make. I've got to take it out next week as it's going back to STD :-(