Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

Little update

I thought I'd get my window frames painted black as a few people have suggested

Got them all prepped up and the car covered

DSC01263.jpg

What a b*stard it was to mask around the rear window perfectly!

DSC01264.jpg

Painted

DSC01265.jpg

Before

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

After

DSC01277.jpg

Nice edge :ph34r:

DSC01285.jpg

How it'll look when the deflectors are on

DSC01283.jpg

Still got the passengers side to do yet, and both mirror base plates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painting those bits black makes the car looks so much better, I always thought it just didnt look quite right when they were yellow. Looks 100% perfect now. Looking forward to seeing this at the meet next month. Proper amazing job you have done on the car.

Also got the passengers side done this evening

DSC01308.jpg

The bumper was off the car and I had some black paint left over, so I thought I'd paint the fog light surround as planned

DSC01306.jpg

It'll look abit like this:

DSC01311.jpg

I'll get some better pics up tomorrow once it all back together. I need a headlight motor thingy too for the passengers side, hopefully I'll get that off my mates breaker.

Anybody wanna buy me a replica optional front splitter? :ph34r:

Fitted my wind deflectors today

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

Also been playing around with my rear lights. I've wired the bottom row of the cluster to the sidelights, and used a dual fillament on the drivers side so it can also be used as the foglight too. Not finished yet, still need to get some Red bulbs (hopefully LED ones) and finish the wiring off. They'll look like this

DSC01318.jpg

Picked up a new headlight motor too, so I can get the front end back together once that and the headlights on :p

DSC01328.jpg

98 spec front foglights and DIN brackets are paid for so I can't wait to recieve them!! Need to sort the headunit wiring too because it short circuited somewhere.

Hmmm I think thats about it for now, but the MOT list includes:

Rear brake shoes

New headlight bulbs

New wipers

Handbrake adjustment

Front bumper brackets

Passengers front wheel bearing (I suspect)

I'm all excited about the car again I really really CANNOT wait to get it on the road :p:lol: ;)

Thanks guys

I found out the new motor didn't even fit so I've put the old one back on, and it seems to work properly now so thats all good!

Put the bumper back on and thought I'd take a few snaps

DSC01330.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

I love how such little things can make such a big difference to the look of the car. Personally I'm loving the black surrounds more than I thought I would!

Cheers Phil

Yet another small update seen as though I've been in the garage with the car for hours!

Firstly, got me a new headunit :lol:

Pioneer_DEH-P4800MP.jpeg

But the existing wiring was all messed up, cut and shut etc from the previous owner. So i chopped it all off and got new wiring from a EP breaker and wired it all up neatly using proper wire connectors. Needs finishing off a little though actually, which I'll do when I get some more wire connectors. :p

I also have all four speakers working after all! Pioneer 4" in the front and 6x9" JVC's on the parcel shelf. Rear ones are shafted though so I wanna replace with some sexy new Pioneers when I have the money for them. :p

Also got my rear clusters all wired up how I wanted them. The foglight doesn't seem to work though, I think theres a problem with the switch but I'll find out when I see to it.

How the lights look (Pure Glanza styleee, even in the dark now!!) ;)

DSC01347.jpg

Thats just with the sidelights on. You can see the bottom rows actually have clear bulbs, but I'm waiting for my red LED bulbs to arrive yet so that won't be a problem.

i was talking about your car with a couple of honda onwers the other night, and normaly its me who starts talking about starlets first but this time they did,

honda boys = " hey tuck man you seen that yellow starlet thats been turned into a glanza "

me = "oh that idrees dudes ride?"

honda boys = yeah man seen the work thats gone into that

me = yeah bwoy, the dude has spent some time coming on real well

honda boys = f**kin sweet....why yellow

me = dude you got bright orange wheels, prob the same reason as you to be diffrent!?

after that the convo started to go back on to honda time again lol but just shows that your ride is well known now man!

so just to clear it up why yellow was it do be diffrent or just felt like it at the time man?