from what i can tell its basically so you can change the colour of your wheels as in spraying them or having them powdercoated but you can return it to what they were originally by removing it. so you don't have to sand back the rims before applying it etc ( i think lol )

Plastidip! From the eBay add!

PLASTIDIP IS AN AIR DRIED FLEXIBLE LIQUID *MATT COATING FOR USE ON VIRTUALLY ANYTHING!

Until you have tried it, you won't believe how versatile Plastidip really is!

Plastidip resists alkalines, acids, salts, moisture, abrasion, and most chemicals, and is an insulating dielectric coating. It will not crack, chip or peel, and will remain flexible even under severe conditions (-34ºc to +93ºc).

Plastidip can easily be applied by spraying, brushing or dipping. Add more layers for greater protection and grip.

WOOD: Seals and protects from weathering, and prevents splitting.

METAL: Reduces vibration, deadens sound, prevents corrosion.

GLASS: Shatterproofs glass objects (available in clear).

Also... PLASTIC, RUBBER and CONCRETE SURFACES!

Colours available are: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black, White and Clear.

Fluorescent Colours are also available: Red, Yellow, Pink, Blue, Orange, Green, and Purple.

It's £16 a can though! Interesting idea though!

This stuff is awesome, as people sometimes complain about RARB vibrating and creaking, i thought ill coat all the components that are metal to metal, so the brackets that hold it to the Rear Beam. As i have my rear beam powdercoated i wanted to protect this aswell, so i dipped all the brackets in this stuff, it is pritty had to get an evan coat like but once a couple of dips so its nice and thick, leave it to dry overnight and its like a real thick rubber :)

No creaking or noises from my RARB and protects from the elements and also my blue rear beam :)