Cheuchter's Budget Starlet Build

Picked this up for a monkey at the weekend :D

If the guy I bought it from put in the effort and gave it a clean and polish like I did when I got home, he might have got another £100 out of me!! -

DSC00101_edit0.jpg

DSC00102_edit0.jpg

DSC00103_edit0.jpg

The bodywork is a bit tired as you'd expect with a 12 year old car but the sills and arches don't have a spot of rust on them. Mechanically the car seems sound also but there is a small leak which I think is coming from the oil filter not being tight enough. It looks fairly new so will take this off at the weekend, clean it all up and try fitting it tighter.

I have some subtle plans for this car but progress will be as fast as funds will allow and I will attempt to do most of the work myself.

A few things I've already done -

A couple of stickers -

DSC00104_edit0.jpg

DSC00105_edit0.jpg

Don't worry, there won't be any more :)

Removed the original Toyota cassette deck and replaced it with a headunit I had lying around -

DSC00106.jpg

Ordered -

12x6 plates

40 mm Lowering springs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not fussed on the jdm yo sticker because of the white background, would look cool in just white writing.

pm josheyboy006 he makes the stickers around here :) lol

looks clean though dude

Aye the jdmy0 sticker is from another car forum I'm on. My mate helps run it and had the sticker lying around.

Cheers :D There is a few bumps and dents but it's in no too bad a shape for the age

mines covered in them too mate, comes with the age in most cases :) i remember when mine used to look like this :D

but silver lol

whats the plans then? or you just gunna go mod by mod?

Plans are to fit the lowering spring and 12x6 plates if they show up for this weekend. Then I'm going to save for some 15" wheels and then see where it takes me from there.

I don't want a Glanza rep but I do fancy front and rear bumpers and lights in the future

Yeahhhh another 6P2 (Stratos Green) Starlet B)

Welcome along :D

Cheers, I wondered what the colour code was, some numpty has ripped the sticker where it would usually be shown off the door shut :D

I actually love the colour, It's proper JDM!!

aye jdmyo is a forum up our way.

looks a nice little car mate!

i rekon you could get it looking awsome dude. tongue.gif

Thanks BigMan and Fatboijay :D

i like the green these come in :D . you should buy some matt black speedlines :D mainly because i have some here haha

Russell

Interesting...... these for sale? Funds are low just now but may be looking at buying wheels at the end of Sept

yeh they will be once i get a couple scrap wheels to put on the shell thats getting towed to the scrap yard. will need new tyres tho. 1 has a puncture and the others and on the edge of needing replaced anyway. ill get some pics of them once there off the car and if you wanted them id keep them for ya man. dont think theres any damage but ill check :D

yeh they will be once i get a couple scrap wheels to put on the shell thats getting towed to the scrap yard. will need new tyres tho. 1 has a puncture and the others and on the edge of needing replaced anyway. ill get some pics of them once there off the car and if you wanted them id keep them for ya man. dont think theres any damage but ill check :D

Cool, what size are these and what sort of money would we be talking buddy? Like I say, probs wouldn't be till end of Sept

heres a link to my thread of the car before i decided to break it, can see the wheels there. there 15"

since your close and would most likely need to get new tires say 100 notes. like i say if your intrested im happy to keep em for you since your only in fife so i wouldnt have to post em lol

heres a link to my thread of the car before i decided to break it, can see the wheels there. there 15"

since your close and would most likely need to get new tires say 100 notes. like i say if your intrested im happy to keep em for you since your only in fife so i wouldnt have to post em lol

Cool, I'm not seeing the link?

I could well be interested man, I will let you know for sure soon. Don't keep them for me though, if someone offers you the cash moneys before I do then I'd totally Understand :D