Cheuchter's Budget Starlet Build

Cheers for the good comments folks :thumbsup:

Had an unexpected find at the scappies today, went with a mate who needed some bits for his car and we came across a splitter from another car that, with a little fettling and fine tuning, will be just perfect.

On my phone right now but pics of test fit to follow!! :p

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good find. car looks alot better lowered :p

Russell

Cheers mate, things are coming together a lot quicker than I thought :thumbsup:

Splitter still needs fettled and painted but next weekend before I can work on it again. Pics up when my flatmate brings the laptop back

Update -

Time to get pics up of test fitting my new splitter :)

My mate spotted it on a Proton Wira when we were down the scrappies yesterday. I wasn't to sure to begin with but he persuaded me it would work and I parted with £8 :p

Will need a bit of work to get it fitting 100% and then some paint -

DSC00121_edit0.jpg

DSC00124_edit0.jpg

DSC00125_edit0.jpg

DSC00121_edit1_edit0.jpg

I think it's gonna look awesome and a little different to the norm :D

Today my wind deflectors arrived, the were a doddle to fit so I gave the car a clean and then went for a wee drive and some pics -

DSC00146_edit0.jpg

DSC00143_edit0.jpg

DSC00140_edit0.jpg

DSC00136_edit0.jpg

DSC00137_edit0.jpg

DSC00139_edit0-1.jpg

DSC00128_edit0.jpg

DSC00127_edit0-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks thumbsup.gif

Hopefully get the splitter finished off next weekend and then I'm gonna attempt to paint it myself. Glad to be doing something different cool.gif Wheels are definitely something I want to be sorting out sooner rather than later.

That splitter looks like a factory item, it fits and looks really well! Get her painted and fitted! ;)

Haha cheers man ;)

It's not quite a straight fit, had to cut a couple of inches off each end and then bond the end pieces back on. Got most of the bonding done today. Wee bit more to do tomorrow, finish off the filler, sand and smooth of the edges of end pieces and then get it ready for paint!

Also installed some 6x9s I had lying around into rear shelf. I can actually listen to my tunes with volume and clarity :)

On that note, I fancy upgrading the pitiful fronts. Can anyone tell me what size they are and if there are any good upgrades to be found that would still use original location?

Was at a bit of a loose end earlier today so I gave the car a clean and took some pics -

DSC00168_edit0.jpg

DSC00177_edit0.jpg

DSC00178_edit0.jpg

DSC00179_edit0.jpg

DSC00182_edit0.jpg

DSC00183_edit0.jpg

Wheels next!!

Also, I quite fancy a TTE spoiler after seeing an SR parked next to me when I came out of tesco yesterday. Anyone on here with a white SR @ Dunfermline tesco about 8pm ish last night? Looked good.

:)

I have a green TTE Spoiler you can have for £50 mate, in great condition would just need a respray to be perfect.

Car is looking great though mate.

Hmmmm, don't tempt me!! :) I really wanna get wheels sorted out 1st and then go from there. If this is still around in a month or so tho, I might be interested :)

Thanks man, getting there and the more I see the Splitter on there the more I like it.