Cheuchter's Budget Starlet Build

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitter looks absolutely spot on mate, like it's meant to be.

You got a nice finish on the paint for a rattle can :)

Thanks man, its not perfect. Couple of runs where I've put the paint on a bit heavy but I'm happy enough for a 1st attempt.

Oh and you should defo get a tte spoiler, there's something about having a nice splitter/spoiler combination.

They marry up so well and overall looks ace. Makes a big difference overall :)

Aye, something to think about!

After I finish off how it looks with wheels and (possibly) spoiler, I wanna upgrade the handling so will be on the look out for rear arb, lift kit etc. That might be couple of months off tho.

theres a tte spoiler on the car thats goin to the scrappys. its silver tho so youd have to paint it. the guy was ment to take it for scrap today but i can whip the spoiler off now since hes not came yet and already given me money lol.

If someone can tell me how the spoilers come off ill do it now

Russell

Scratch that. there was a bit at the side i thot was a deep scratch that just snapped off as soon as i tried to budge it lol. plus its solid and not moving and not also broken. nevermind.

Cool, no worries mate, I think spoiler is a wee while off yet. Any news on the wheels?

When you do get a TTE spoiler, you should highly consider getting a Glanza rear bumper too (with no lip). They bolt straight on, and they look so well with the TTE spoiler it's mental.

What's the difference between the Glanza rear bumper and the N/A one? I just thought the difference was the lip on the Glanza one?

No no the Glanza one is a lot deeper dude!

Ah, I see. May have to look into this :lol:

Hopefully have some good updates coming over the weekend. I'm picking up some wheels on Sat, courtesy of Russleh on here and I picked up a Corolla inlet manifold at the local scrappy today for a VERY good price so I'll hopefully get this fitted.

I've been looking around for some sort of fitting guide and/or pics of steps taken without much sucess. Is there anything I need to watch out for or is it pretty straight forward? I'm aware that you either need to get a longer vacuum pipe or move the sensor along the firewall.

Its pretty easy to swap the mani's dude just take note of where all the pipes go. pictures speak a thousand words. also if your needing a bit of vac hose i have a role of hose i bought for no reason that should fit it ( blue or green ):lol: Defo go for new gaskets tho. Nothing worse than finishing a job and having to restart it

Also i found a freebie in the shed you may be intrested in lol.

Russell

Its pretty easy to swap the mani's dude just take note of where all the pipes go. pictures speak a thousand words. also if your needing a bit of vac hose i have a role of hose i bought for no reason that should fit it ( blue or green ) :lol: Defo go for new gaskets tho. Nothing worse than finishing a job and having to restart it

Also i found a freebie in the shed you may be intrested in lol.

Russell

Sound man, yeah maybe I should wait till I can get gaskets. Doubt my local Toyota dealer will have them in stock tho and I'm kinda impatient lol. Aye cool man, I'll see you Sat morning :wub: