...my name's Alex. I am from Nottingham but I now live in Hastings with my girlfriend and her parents. I am 20, I dropped out of uni in London to become a mechanic. Got a level 2 course, just missing a job.

I had a 998 Mini for a year and that was great fun to drive when it worked, but I had to get rid of it recently and replaced it with an R-plate 37,000 mile n/a Starlet Sportif. It's green and has the 3-spoke 13 inch alloys and the dinky spoiler on the back.

Photos of both to follow. I hope to make the Starlet into a more fun daily by lowering and mild tuning until I get some NCBs, saving for a RWD KP95 conversion with a Glanza lump in the front. I think a sleeper Starlet drift hatch would be something fun and different...

Welcome :)

I think you mean KP60? :)

Er, yeah that one! :)

It's boring as hell to drive at the moment. I try (sometimes) to corner it like the Mini but the body just rolls and the tyres squeal. Tranny whines a bit, think it has the same oil filter as it had when new, but for a bag of sand I'm not complaining, everything still feels tight and new.

Great site. I've already found answers to all the questions I wanted to ask!

Hey, welcome buddy.

I've had 2 classic minis too...there great but you will love your Startlet! Awesome ride!

I hate the handling, it feels so shit compared to the Mini. It's still a faster car overall because of power, but it steers weird and it has no grip in the wet