Tropical fish

cheers dude

got another tank for free a lot smaller hasnt been used in years. perfect project tank needs cleaning like hell but think im going black sand black backing uv light plenty of plants then fill it with some little tetra

Love it :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol true

quite a few eggs will get eaten or not hatch though. from what I've heared normally mollies get a max of around 50 but you never know lol

luckily the local dealer will probably take them off my hands for me if they do lol

• 3 weeks later...

Couple more of mine some new some not

Plec

DSCF1369.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

Chinese algae eater (roach)

DSCF1515.jpg

DSCF1471.jpg

Anglefish

DSCF1453.jpg

DSCF1502.jpg

Aquatic frog

DSCF1491.jpg

Black widow

DSCF1433.jpg

Mollie

DSCF1388.jpg

Swordtail

DSCF1387.jpg

And my new Virginae Cory's

DSCF1385.jpg

Also got my new tank set up. Black sand black background and carefully selected bulbs. should bring some nice colours out

DSCF1514.jpg

currently got 2 black mollies in there getting it cycling but the plan is to have some bigger more boystress fish in there. big catfish, silver dollar, oscar and maybe a red finned shark too :( cant wait

very nice dude, that plec is particularly pretty, if u put live platns in tho choose them carefully, he will eat things like Amazon Swords but not Anubis or Cryptocorns.

also, the aquatic frog, lol, pretty illegal to import and sell those now by all accounts. mark got one while he still worked in the shop and tells me they were then made illegal as if they are released they can survive and threaten indigenous populations. lol.

looking good tho dude!

Phil.

looking good steve!

i recently set my new marine tank up , its going through the cycle just now, found a few hitch hikers in the live rock all ready, a few brittle stars and a few snails of some sort. clean up crew goes in next week then fish the following week, cant wait. neither can my regal tang shes getting too big for my other tank

bristle stars you wont stop man, they dont seem to do any damage so wouldnt worry. snails however, ours seem to be breeding, wee shites. and some of them can be nasty bastards, mark knows which ones so if u think there's a problem drop him a line man, he's on your side of the pond now too!

@Steve, wouldnt think he's dead mate unless u didnt mix him over. they are hard as fuck them things, would be surprised if he has just calved on ya!

Phil.

cheers phill, ill drop him a pm if i have any hassle! i never got any bristle stars in the small tank but loads of astrenia (spelling) stars, those little guys breed like no1s business, some only have 2 points some have 6 lol.

i also have a little pistol shrimp in the small tank, you should hear that little guy after lights out, how something that small can make such a racket is unbelievible!

my snails are breeding in my small tank, the bristle stars are harmless and eat any uneaten food, there is a bristle worm being throwrn around the tank by the power heads as i type this lol

i picked up another couple of kilo of rock today and started on the aquascape, i have a good 150 quids worth in there now so its starting to take shape. cant wait to get some inhabitants in tho!

costing me a small fortune this hobby! holding me right back with other things :) my car will never see boost at this rate

• 2 weeks later...

Red Cherries are breeding! Get in!

Got 3 peppered and 3 albino corries today for the fighter cubes, some of the fighters were chasing the shrimp so their cells were dirty, so got the corries.

also got 6 more neons for the shoal, to be topped up 6 at a time over the coming weeks and months into one mammoth shoal!!!

got a sickly red fighter so have reserved the most epic white and purple VT I've ever seen!!!!

Phil.

only just noticed the pic of your new tank steve. it isnt unlike my new one lol.

finally got some pics, still cycling but its getting there! cant wait to get some livestock in there tho!

got some lovley pieces of rock from my local fish shop, some T5 lighting and a 2 foot aquaray led lighting kit which is awsome!

IMG_0231-1.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

shitty iphone pics. ill get the camera out when i get some fish in it lol