Tropical fish

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of my younger brothers tank -

tank.jpg

two barracuda (did have 3 but one made a run for it)

barracuda.jpg

a castfish that loves to be picked up :S (and a cheeky barracuda)

catfish4.jpg

a snakehead

snakehead.jpg

an armoured catfish (i think)

catfish.jpg

a random catfish :)

catfish2.jpg

my £50 birthday present to him :(

catfish3.jpg

^ lol

Steve when you get your fish I highly recommend Corydoras or "Corys"

There really docile, keep your tank clean as there bottom feeders and really interesting to watch! :)

they ok with gravel bottoms? only asking as i know some are supposed to have sand etc so they dont cut there mouths lol

x2 What Phil said.

I had gravel for 6 months with the Corys and they were absolutely fine. I kept an eye on there barbs and they never got damaged and they seemed perfectly happy.

Then I changed to sand and they've always got there head in it :) I think they prefer sand but should be fine on gravel if it's small and fairly smooth :(

lol, they is loving the gravel :( one of them even buries himself under it so i dont think it hurts them tbh

he has spent hundreds on these fish over the past couple of years and when setting it up waited a couple of months until the water was perfect before he even added a fish :p so im pretty sure the gravel is fine!

its gotten so bad with him buying fish that he once had a £250 catfish posted to his front door :)

small update on mine

introduced a few fish to the tank last night. went for something basic and adaptable as were beginners at the min

so....

2xMollys2xswordtails.jpg

2x Mollys and 2x swordtails. They seem very happy to have all the space going to wait a few days now let the bacteria build up etc then go get myself a coral and some king of algae eater to keep the place clean :)

2x Mollys and 2x swordtails. They seem very happy to have all the space going to wait a few days now let the bacteria build up etc then go get myself a coral and some king of algae eater to keep the place clean :)

get some neons in there :p. beware of the mollys aswell, they have a tendancy to breed ALOT! my dads tank was over run with them, so he bought some killi fish to keep the numbers down and eat the young, then the molly population died off and the killi's started to breed loads so he then had to buy some little cichlids to eat there young :S hah

just a heads up unless you dont mind your tank being overrun in a year or so :(

no coral getting confused between tropical and marine lol although im deffo going to do marine soon been taking advice today from a marine/tropical fish shop/dealer really nice bloke we chatted for ages and he knows his stuff

also got a few more inhabitants to the tank now the mollys and swordtails have settled in very nicely. after this batch im leaving it a few weeks before getting any more but took the advice of the tropical fish guy and made the following purchases

2x Peppered corydora's

Corydora2.jpg

corydora4.jpg

an orange marble plectrum

Plec3.jpg

(wont bloody move :lol: )

and a sucking roach

suckingroach2.jpg

These tend to stick to the bottom zone and are brill cleaners so im quite happy with them. i also wanted 2 more that stick around the middle/top so we got these 2 as well

Koi Angel fish

Angelfish3.jpg

Angelfish4.jpg

Bit more activity in which was a lonely tank. as i said leaving it a few weeks now as i dont want to fill it up too quickly and overwhelm them but bit more activity in there now

few shots of the mollys too :(

Molly4.jpg

Molly5.jpg

Looking good steve, im setting my new tank up next weekendni cant wait!

Did your package arrive today?

yes mate just about to leave some feedback thanks a lot dude

Tropical fish are a good choice mate i have 2 piranhas ;-)

uwwww pics?????

• 2 weeks later...