What SHOULD a td04 compressor wheel look like?

I bought a td04 off ebay (don't tell zoe, i hope she doesn't see this lol) and I was dismantleing it to rotate everything into place, split it in half and what d'ya know, the compressor wheel is chipped on some of the fins. Also, it has a "curve" to it but the edges of the blades where it "curves" looks fresh, like its been skimming.... Just wondered if its really that bad and I should use it anyway, or if I should complain and open a case on ebay to send it back and get a refund? This is what it looks like...

P1010325.jpg

P1010320.jpg

As you can see if you enlarge the picture, its covered in metal filings too :/....

Here is the listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130582497155?ssP...984.m1497.l2649

nah fins shudnt look like that ill get a pic of mine so ya can see the diff

theres always slight play in a dry turbo

bcbec541.jpg

sorry pic aint the best , they are curved but they shudbt be all bashed about like yours the wheel should spin freely with minimal effort , if it doesnt then take the housing off an try re aline it

3-4mm shaft play might mean it's been scrubbing on the housing? I'm not sure how close the housing is to the blades but it seems logical to me seeing as there's metal fillings in there.

Personally I would email him and ask him for a refund before opening a case against him. He might be fair and give your money back. Try that first :mellow:

thats the shaft not a compressor wheel mate. I wouldnt fit it mate, hard to tell from pic but seems like there has been exess play. Also it has had impact damage or overspeed. That will whisle its tits off and not last 5 minutes.

thats the shaft not a compressor wheel mate. I wouldnt fit it mate, hard to tell from pic but seems like there has been exess play. Also it has had impact damage or overspeed. That will whisle its tits off and not last 5 minutes.

Touche'! :mellow: cheers mate haha :wub:.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys, opened a case (because I'm a heartless bastard) and gave them some abuse.... But I was nice at the same time... See what happens I guess. Wouldn't mind a replacement if they have one lol... Considering postage n that I could just keep it and sell it on... But that'd make me a shitty person.

Anyway!

Thanks.

i would say send it to us but i would have to charge a min of around £260 to put right. That would be full recon. I know thats no help as its cheaper to source a good second hand one

are u after a full kit eventually? Thinkin of going back to standard as had some bad news. I'd prob build the turbo up and put it on. A few people have chipped theres when taken apart and there runnin fine. No smoke. Over a bar boost

i would say send it to us but i would have to charge a min of around £260 to put right. That would be full recon. I know thats no help as its cheaper to source a good second hand one

Cheers for that mate but I really do just want a cheap £30-60 td04 that isn't fucked and works fine lol.

paypal as a buyer is so easy to get ya money back , ive brought a couple things , damaged em made a claim and won easy

Ditto :) I used to run an ebay shop for a garden centre so I know if I open a claim straight away I wont get messed about with slow message replies to buy time and petty excuses (thats what I used to do :p). They have already replied and said they will cover all the costs to return it and refund me everything ;).

He has good feedback mate and sold/bought over 700 items. I wouldn't go straight in with a claim. Just send him an email first see what he says first?

Yeah she does have good feedback, I understand it'll just be lack of knowlage or not propperly inspected... But I'm not messing around with 20 messages before they agree to let me return it lol

are u after a full kit eventually? Thinkin of going back to standard as had some bad news. I'd prob build the turbo up and put it on. A few people have chipped theres when taken apart and there runnin fine. No smoke. Over a bar boost

Yes I am after a full kit mate but I don't want to pay the £500+ that everyone is asking for when you can build a perfectly fine kit up for £300 if you put your pennies in the right places! (yes that says PENNIES. Not penis)

Cheers guys :p.

Yes I am after a full kit mate but I don't want to pay the £500+ that everyone is asking for when you can build a perfectly fine kit up for £300 if you put your pennies in the right places! (yes that says PENNIES. Not penis)

Cheers guys .

fair enough. guessing your not going ext w/g?

Cheers guys .

fair enough. guessing your not going ext w/g?

I'd love to go external mate but its that extra £200 that I can't afford lol. Doesn't seem logical on my petty budget :)..

Starlet sr, no idea why it was deleted lol. I remember giggling at whatever you wrote :s

Yeah she's agreed that I can send it back and she'll cover all the costs and refund me if the turbo is faulty (which clearly it is) so we shouldn't have any problems and I should get all my money back!... I know its only £30, but £15 postage on top makes £45 and at the end of the day I'm left with a peice of shit lol. Bum holes!

Yeah she's agreed that I can send it back and she'll cover all the costs and refund me if the turbo is faulty (which clearly it is) so we shouldn't have any problems and I should get all my money back!... I know its only £30, but £15 postage on top makes £45 and at the end of the day I'm left with a peice of shit lol. Bum holes!

Ahh, thats good then, atleast its pennies towards a different turbo lol. Some sellers can be funny twats lol, I had a similar issue with a GT28 I bought last year, ended up having to go to the blokes house and asking him face to face, dont think it helped matters with a car full of mates haha!

D