Gc's "StancedOut" GlanzaV!....New Wheels PG2!

yeaa already done my camber yesterday ready for picking my wheels up:) ill be rolling back home finally "stanced up!"

will be widening the arches to keep it to a oem spec:) should be fun, will be rolling arches tomorrow with my mates arch roller:)

also my 2nd gear grinds only when i slam it back but if i gently slind it in its perfect, is my syncro fubard?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the gearbox oil last changed? i bet it would feel much nicer with fresh oil running round the syncro's.

A good roll and flair sorts most fitment issues, just make sure you have a heat gun and take your time :)

hmm the gearbox does seem to wine alot in 1st and 2nd could be low on oil?

yea gunna take time with the heat gun like:)

Well... fixed my thermostat and changed the gearbox oil

gearbox feels smoother and its less noisy, haent tried to throw the gear in yet becauseeeee

when i fitted the new thermostat with was the problem when engine was cold all the time( thanks peeps for the help)

when i got it all together nippy the bolts up on the housing one of the studs SNAPPPED :) now ive only got one nut holding it on, but its leaking the tiniest bit and i see a little bit of steam coming off it, anybody thought about extracting the stud and put a bolt in its place?

yous reckon i could drive a 70mile round trip to pick my new wheels up with this 1 nut on the thermostat housing?:)

Well... fixed my thermostat and changed the gearbox oil

gearbox feels smoother and its less noisy, haent tried to throw the gear in yet becauseeeee

when i fitted the new thermostat with was the problem when engine was cold all the time( thanks peeps for the help)

when i got it all together nippy the bolts up on the housing one of the studs SNAPPPED :) now ive only got one nut holding it on, but its leaking the tiniest bit and i see a little bit of steam coming off it, anybody thought about extracting the stud and put a bolt in its place?

yous reckon i could drive a 70mile round trip to pick my new wheels up with this 1 nut on the thermostat housing?:)

like you say just extract the stud and put a bolt in its place :D

Dean

BIG UPDATE!!!!!!!!

WHEELS HAVE CAME:)

woke up this morning to go collect them and get them fitted!

less of the talk heres the pics! Finally "STANCED UP!"

DSC_0213-1.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

New Front splitter:) (laguna)

DSC_0216.jpg

Front fitment;)

DSC_0217.jpg

need arseend lowering( Arches are stopping it:(

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

Enjoy please tell us what you think.... have i stanced it up :)

Gav.

Nope not really, think there are camber bolts but not sure how effectively they work. other then bending the rear axle or cutting it your stuck.

hmmm wouldnt mind rear comber:(

Looks absolutely spot on! Perfect camber on the front too!

16x8 again? What is the ET?

cheers bud, adjusted them again today now both are even camber!:(

theses are 15x8 et10 buddy

Awesome they don't even look small enough to be 15s :(

Have you had any scrubbing?

15's ftw for the glanza tbh

loads at the back, ive rolled the arches more today but not enough for more lows at the back yet,

think need a anti roll bar at the back to stop the back end lifting up and ripping my tyres to shreads!

On Starlets, when lowering the rear, the axle kicks out to one side. If you imagine you're looking at the car from the back, the axle shifts to the right, so it rubs on drivers side rear. Whiteline, Cusco and RSR do adjustable panhard rods to bring the axle back in line with the front I think without one you'll probably be struggling with that one side of the car :)

^ your right but pretty sure it's the other way round and pushes the axel to the left, the panhard rod connects to the drivers side of the car and the passenger side of the axel, therefore pushes it to the left, not that it matters but I'm just being picky

Car looks ace, needs more lows though :)