tips on engine replacement?

hi dudes and dudettes <_<

what would be the best way to go about removing an engine?

im just worried about forgetting what goes were. i was thinking of either taking pictures, or righting on making tape and sticking it the the wires and pipes that ill have to remove.

anyone got any other ideas or tips on the best way to go about it?

cheers

yeah mate id take loads and loads of pics start with draining the antifreez rad ect out all wires off the engine marked up gear linkage off exhaust off drive shafts out and id lift the car off the engine thats the way ive always done it worked for me just make sure you mark everything :-D

as above that what i did. imo pictures are good but tbh doesnt help with all the individual wiring. i would use tape and write on the connectors, earths etc could even use different coloured marker pens.. match the colours

something i wish i had done when removing mine.. lol.

you should be ok tho especially on N/A engine. is relatively simple mate.

Mate you dont really need tips, its really EASY to do, theres not much for you to forget!

When i did mine, i removed the engine, built and then i came to put it back in a year had gone. So it was a whole year from taking it out and putting it back in, BUT the wiring loom was brilliant as all the wires and sensors fell into place so i knew what went where because the loom was hanging and bent right next to it.

What i will tell you is make sure you DO take pictures or videos of which pipes go into the throttle body, which are vaccum and which pipes go into the p/s. This area around the TB was a bitch but besides that it was easy.

Forgot that it is an n/a, should be easier then, lol.

Yeah as one peice and under the car. The wiring loom will literally fall into place, i shat it because i forgot everything but everything was where it was suppose to be. Its not as daunting as it sounds, believe me.

My car started first time and runs fine.

as said above , its dead straight forward. take plenty of pics ( you can never take too many so photograph everything!) and just get some masking take and label up every pipe and sensor with where it goes to and came from. If yo have any trouble mate drop us a pm, i did mine last month so my memory is pretty fresh n got some of my pics if u need any, check out my build thread if u want a quick idea

personally i would rent an engine crane, makes life so much easier than tryin to lift the car voer the engine. they are only £50 from HSS hire for a weekend so its not too bad

Without reading other replies in this thread - I'd say it's not too hard at all, me and my dad did it in a weekend with an engine crane, left the gearbox in the car. This was with no previous experience of swapping an engine.

Best think to do Ryan is make sure you've got everything disconnected before you even think about dropping the engine. Obviously like others have stated, pipework and associated earths etc are best marked up or a picture taken, silly little things like that can make life difficult if forgot about. Gearbox is best to be brought out with the engine then swapped over once out of the car. Far easier to refit lol. If there's anything you have trouble with you've got my bbm!

D

When mine blew I'd never took an engine out/in before, when we were disconnecting all the vac lines etc etc I thought I'd have no chance in putting it back, but when we came to putting it back in, if everything is left alone it all seems to line up and go into place!