SD075's white V - Where to go from here

Fixed the screeching alternator belt and upped the boost a bit.

Running 0.75 atm.

A mate and I will install my AEM wideband, oil temp and press. gauges and GFB boost controller next week.

Gonna be awesome ^^

• 1 month later...

Updates!!

Installed the gauges.

Bought and installed a Greddy FMIC system.

Bought a 2nd rocker cover, waiting to get welded (race spec cover).

FMIC install Blitz!

imag0754y.jpg

Upper mount fitted.

imag0758b.jpg

Lower mounts fitted.

imag0759.jpg

Removed bumper lip and trimmed front bumper to fit FMIC.

imag0762s.jpg

Sits all the way back.

imag0761t.jpg

Cold side fitted.

imag0765c.jpg

Hot side fitted.

imag0766f.jpg

Fits! Just need to trim the bumper a bit more as it slightly hits the FMIC pipes.

imag0767l.jpg

Been cruising with my mate and his EG5-b16a swapped.

imag0749k.jpg

STRI gauges for oil temp and pressure.

imag0746l.jpg

Scored some OEM amber corners.

imag0732a.jpg

imag0731h.jpg

Been working on this 2nd rocker cover. Prolly gonna have the AN8 fittings welded this week.

imag0725f.jpg

imag0729k.jpg

imag0730p.jpg

Next updates:

Nicely trim front bumper lip to fit FMIC.

Install the EBC.

Rocker cover.

Cheers,

Jurr

Edited by sd075

Nice update, progress coming along really well (y)

Thanks!

Have to get it ready with some major upgrades for the upcoming season 'start' meeting which is held on the 31st of March.

Lovely build this, nice to see you're taking your time to get things done how you want them.

Cheers buddy, as said as above. Want to get a few more things done before the 31st of March.

Starting to look real nice now mate good work

Yeah, I'm actually starting to like it.

I have owned a blue '96 EK4 stuffed with JDM goodies which makes it kinda hard to build something better, but we're slowly getting there!

There are still a few minor things that need to be fixed.

I think there is an electrical problem with the gauges as they give weird readings (6 bar oil pressure and merely 70 on the temperature gauge after driving around for 2hrs)

So need to check what's wrong, I think it's the GND.

Also they're ductaped in atm so need to mount them properly aswell.

The Defi/TRD boost gauge has to be placed back in the cockpit and I want to have it running trough my EBC which will be installed somewhere next week if I can find a moment or 2. :)

Don't know yet, haven't found the time to get it installed.

But it seems pretty easy to install and to set the boost and gain, makes sense for a newby booster like me. ^^

I might get a shot at installing next sunday as I'm away for work the whole week.

Will update with photos etc. and a quick review when the job is done ;).

I bought this before it was MCM cool tho, so I have the older version (v1) than the one MCM uses on their Starlet Evo.

• 1 month later...

Trimmed and refitted the front lip to suit the FMIC!

Picture was taken @ the Assen TT-circuit for the Dutch season starter and round 1 qualification Time-Attack series.

streetpower1.jpg

Also continued on the rockercover project which is at the welder atm.

Can prolly pick this up this afternoon and get it ready for spraying!

Oh by the way, some of you might think I hit Hello Kitty on the way there.

She was actually hitchhiking along the way to Assen, completely undressed and all sore, bruised and worn out.

Told her to sit right there, hold on thight and don't frikkin' move!

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics which were taken at a meeting in Amersfoort last sunday:

hans3n.jpg
hans1.jpg
hans2.jpg
lowresi.jpg
officialbotdsc0319.jpg

And a project on which I have been working lately:
imag0007ib.jpg
imag0825.jpg

Also bought a new rocker cover gasket.

The "Toyota" will be painted white tho.

Thanks alot folks!

Going to spray the purple/red-ish center caps of the Sprintharts also orange, gonna be awesome! :D

Hopefully swap the rocker cover today, have to slightly mod the oil catch can as it needs another fitting for the breather filter.

I managed to install the freshly painted race spec rocker-cover and (modded) oil catch can last weekend!

I'll just post up pics and talk them over ^^

Before installing:

imag0827g.jpg

Removed original rocker cover and cleaned off the last few bits of the original gasket. Everything looked clean and oily underneath!
imag0828d.jpg

Installed the rocker with the AN-8 fittings on, also cleaned the blue NGK ignition leads.
imag0829ef.jpg

Hung up the modded OCC (had to add a 3th nipple on top for the breather filter)
imag0831ff.jpg

Connected the rocker's AN-8 fittings to the OCC using a black hose, some clamps and fancy blue ty-wraps. Instead of a breather filter I connected the leftovers of the hose on the 3th nipple on top of the OCC and have it run somewhere under the gearbox to avoid dying from the oil fumes.
imag0832n.jpg

Bay from a distance.

Still have to paint the "Toyota" but will do this in time.
imag0834v.jpg

I also picked up my orange silicone vacuum tubing so prolly going to install the EBC tomorrow, get rid of that fugly purple tubing.

When that's done I will most likely install the short route kit which I recieved a few weeks ago from RW-Developments.

Cheers!

• 11 months later...

Let's blow off some dust here!

Have to confess that I have been neglecting the Glanza a bit for the past year, no inspiration, few minor setbacks and have been trying to sell the car since, without result.

I have been discussing to swap the Glanza for a stunning Lancer EVO4, which is prolly going to happen soon.

I killed my turbo the other day, been driving around without an airfilter and dumpvalve for quite a while now, well.. it's not exactly the most wise thing to do, altho the turbo flutter/chatter is kinda awesome.

So I bought a replacing ct9 turbo off a totalled Glanza over here on this side of the pond.

I replaced the turbo and installed back my long route FMIC piping so I could also install my SARD R2D2 BoV again.

Have to say, I did kinda miss the sound of the loud sigh.. ^^

Anyway, I bought an airfilter relocation kit off Conor, including a HKS shroom filter which is on it's way.

Also reinstalled my rear interior and catalic/converter and set boost levels back to stock.

In my search for parts I kinda got back on here and after walking trough this progress topic I do feel as if I let the car down, so I prolly will clean and polish it soon to make it up hehe.

If for whatever reason the Glanza will not be swapped for this evo, I will most likely spend some more money and have it back in mint condition.

Just a few recent random pics:

IMAG0863.jpgIMAG0862.jpgIMAG0372.jpgIMAG0369.jpgIMAG0368.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a decat and gonna have my dumpvalve welded closer to the inlet manifold so I can install my short fmic pipe.

Anyway, got a question which I think some of you can answer.

Am I good to go 0.9/1.0 bar boost with my current setup?

Stock ct9

Blitz fmic with shortroute

Air filter relocation kit with hks filter

Tuning developments 255 fuel pump

Tuning developments fuel pressure regulator

Stock injectors

Stock ecu

Jperformance header

Jperformance catback

(decat soon)

Gofastbits EBC

AEM wideband