Sound Systems!!!????

Now I know we're not rolling around in our mum's corsas anymore and modding it by drilling the airbox and fitting a couple of 12" subs to impress the bitches round town. But I want some bass!

I could just wire a sub in and it's done, but I don't want the extra weight AND I want to strip the back out again... The only reason I haven't is because the parcel shelf has optional 6x9s and the boot acts as a box and gives them better bass....

I've thought about making a mini box to fit in the wheel well and fitting a shallow subwoofer into it but other than that I can't think of anything!? I think the seats are too low to fit a shallow sub under them....

Has anyone else got any ideas? I want a good sound system in a stripped car... Is it possible? :s

I had a set off good 6x9's in my old car and had them on a decent amp and they had quite good bass to be honest :) plus 6x9's have no weight to them but I guess it's wether you want a lot of bass I suppose :)

I could strip it out again and leave the shelf in but it doesn't sound half as good as it does with the seats still in.... The sub in the footwell is a good idea but I imagine with it stripped out it will look a bit tatty unless you did a whole false floor in the back, and then its adding too much weight for what I originally wanted to achieve lol..... I think a under the seat sub is probably my best option.

Has anyone ever even heard a underseat sub? I have no idea how good they are? You can buy various different ones on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Lanzar-Under-Seat-Underseat-10-Active-Car-Bass-Sub-Subwoofer-Amplifier-800w-/370586251585?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5648a97141

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-TSWX210A-8-Active-150W-Sub-Underseat-Subwoofer-/350475642067?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5199f9e4d3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beat-BSW8ACT-180-Watt-Slim-Underseat-8-Inch-Amplified-Car-Sub-Subwoofer-/300652901796?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item46004f35a4

i was looking to get this one ages one but went a different route.....deffo get a branded one not any of the el-cheapo ones

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-TS-WX110A-Underseat-Compact-Active-Subwoofer-/350495553343?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item519b29b73f

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-KSC-SW01-powered-underseat-car-subwoofer-/250888899861?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a6a24cd15

A mate of mine has an under seat sub and it's not bad from what I can remember, been a while since I heard it.

I think your best bet for a minimalist setup with a good sound is to rip out all the standard speakers, get a decent sub, and make some custom door cards with some component speakers. A bit of hassle I know, but the standard speaker location isn't really ideal.

am just finishing up a customer sub box that tucks away in the back boot panels so it doesnt take much more weight that the sub itself and looks nice and tidy then am setting to work on custom door cards. mines a daily tho and i hate having crap music so a lil bit of weight doesnt bother me

A mate of mine has an under seat sub and it's not bad from what I can remember, been a while since I heard it.

I think your best bet for a minimalist setup with a good sound is to rip out all the standard speakers, get a decent sub, and make some custom door cards with some component speakers. A bit of hassle I know, but the standard speaker location isn't really ideal.

I have the optional sound system already :p So the door cards have speaker pods and the dash has tweeters. Unfortunately some pikey stole the door speakers before I bought the car so I'll need some new ones of them too... I guess I should get them sorted before I get a bit of bass sorted...

Better get saving then. These shallow subs with amps aren't cheap are they lol!

A mate of mine had one of the shollow subs in his civic, under his seat, sounded good but wasnt all that loud but, he did have your typical bean can honda exhaust so cud of just been that :s

I did toy with the idea of 6x9's in the quarter panels infront of the rear arches? Would need a panel and suports made up but got be better than 2 13cm speakers!

Decent 3 way components and an amp are more than enough.

At work weve just put a 3 way in a boxster sounded the nuts.

Look at Hertz HDP4 Amp small and light weight Xover's are built in too. Powerful for the size.

Hertz HSK 130/163's

Could easily use some of your door pocket to put the "Bass" speakers in

Use the OEM Speaker holes for the mids and fit some tweeters in your top of dash.

Would only take a Day to do.

You could use the whole door pocket to create a small enclosure which would give more bass.

Just be warned you get what you pay for. Alpine and Pioneer are "ok" but there equipment isnt efficient in the slightest and will draw 50-60 amps all day long and if the alternator is only 35-40 then you'd spend more money sorting that out etc... and adding more weight.