removing all the interior, carpets etc?? ep91

I personally cant stand mine, only had rear seats plastics etc out but put that back in as the noise did my head in lol my brothers ef civic has everything out, and its horrible to be in, realy cold rattly squeaky and the floor because its white all the mud from shoes makes the footwell look minging wherr the carpet disguises that pretty well haha

Mines completely bare iev even chopped out the rear wheel well and doors covered wi black Perspex and cheque plate over wheel well for a race fuel cell to sit on and as for the from I'm putting black grip tape down for non slip lol but it's not goin to be an everyday car so I can live with it haha

I used to have a fiesta that I completely stripped and drove daily. I mean completely stripped too. It had the dash and two seats lol. I got used to it pretty fast to be honest but it is loud. There are other things to bear in mind too, the paint on the floor wears off with foot movement (easily solved with matts though), another issue for me was police moaning when I got pulled, pointing out sharp edges and generally it does look bad in those situations because realistically who in the right mind completely strips their car if they don't race around a bit?

Its pretty shit for luggage too unless you don't give a shit about damaging the paint work lol.

On the other hand I thought it was fucking ace haha! I like a loud car so boom. And the weight saving was amazing! Lost kg after kg and it made a hell of a difference to the power :)

DSCF2659.jpg

DSCF2661-1.jpg

May as well stick in my 10 pence worth too, i stripped mine out totally too. It wasnt my daily so for the first 12 months it didnt bother me, but even as my 2nd car although it was quicker it became really anoying to drive. Its about 10x louder in the cabin than normal, you suddenly realise you can hear every single rattle, squeek and on top of that on the motorway i would go deaf after driving for 30 mins!!

It is fun to do it but in my opinion it ruins the car in the long term, you would be mad to do it if its your daily!

same^^

was awesome at first, the slight increase in performance, the noise etc. but after a while you hear every rattle, every squeek and tbh i just felt i was driving around a car that just wasnt complete you know.

mine doesnt have any rear seats atm but will be getting some once i get some to match my fronts better.

all i say is at the least keep the plastics, carpet, door cards etc. not a huge weight in these really. most of the weight is in rear seats.

stripped looks cool if all properly sprayed up but novelty does wear off eventually.

sam

i completly stripped my 106 down to 1 seat and no dash at some points but after a bit you just get left thinking wow my car may be a tiny bit faster but looks shit, had nothing but complaints from the family aswell, in the end i put it all back in to sell it minus al the soundproofing as i binned most of that at it was such a nice experience, went from noisy and rattleyas fuck to quiet and rattley as fuck,

it does make a difference, ive had my ep85 stripped with the rear seat out but trying to explain to people i only got two seats was a nightmare! does make the difference tho if you strip alot out!