• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the support guys!

The insurance-case is gonna be a LONG LONG story i'm afraid.

I first decided to pull it apart and sell all the parts, but my girlfriend convinced me to get it fixed.

And together with some financial help of my parents

(thanks mom and dad!! ) i am gonna get the starlet fixed.

So she is gonna be restored in all her glory! lol

The thing is that i have had time without the starlet and was already seriously looking into other cars, for the sake of just having one.

Here in the Netherlands there is a slim chance i will ever drive a V cause of the import-taxes and strict importlaws..

So my need for speed is not gonna be adressed with my current EP and getting a V is not an option for me..

I found a car and got rather fond of it the more i look at it. The performance is rather up to par to.

It's the Mazda MX3 V6 1.8. i drove it in the meantime and i must say it handles like a dream and coming from a n/a EP91 it goes better to.

What do you guys think about this car as i am aksing around for experience of other people with this car.

Hope you understand my views... in the end you don't only wanna look nice but also go fast..

thats a shame about the import laws,

what are the government like on engine conversions?

i must say the 1.8v6 found in the mx3 is a gem of an engine and the smallest v6 in any production car,

the sounds pretty decent too.

engine conversions are alowwed but a extensive and expensive MOT has to be done after that.

Some have done this already, some choose not to register it as a 4EFTE, but if anything ever goes wrong you can be in deep sh*t. the insurance company is also not gonna like it..

Also the costs involved are not minor.

a mx3 would be a big step up and the engine is a beauty. For me the starlet has reached it's top potential within my budget and my goals. I made it look a lot smarter, go a bit faster and handle a lot better. Going any further would mean major investments and i would rather start out with a better basis.

Once i would get an MX3 I probably would not do alot with it, but that's what i said about the starlet to..

The MX3 was produced from '92 till '98, i would like to get a reliable young one. would like one as "young"as my starlet.

• 4 weeks later...

ok guys a wee update.

the starlet is staying! till the day she dies, so that's gonna be a while :lol:

Got some plans for her but it's all :lol:

My baby got repaired this week, and had a really good time to think all things over,

and there is simply to much fun stuff to do with her :)

So just saying that the STARLET is REBORN! :lol:

OK guys,

got me some Whiteline stuff this week.

first off an bushing set for my OEM front swaybar, damn you even notice a lil mod like this.

IMAGE_00107.jpg

And i should be getting my adjustable rear swaybar next week B)

there are some mjaor plans coming up within the next 6 months but all is :blink::lol: ;)

a little hint??

did you guys know that we got at least 4 guys in The Netherlands driving around with an ep91 4EFTE.

and that we got about 3 guys working on a couple of ep71 en ep82 turbo's as we speak?

One of my mates drives a ep71 with a BT 4AGE ;)

Further there are lots of seo drivers building a 4EFTE in their car.

We got some really good import guys here that really know what they're doing.

It was really easy

- bolt of

- grease the new stuff

- bolt on

thats the bottom done, then wheels off and same story

Oh before i forget, the bolts i got for the bottom of the car, as in the pic, had the wrong thread!!

I found out the bad way, i broke the first one that went in. No serious problems luckily, i just drilled it though and cleaned up the thread.

So i bought propper ones including some rings to put under so it fits snug now.

just front roll bar bushes, but they make a nice difference!

and the rear swaybar is on it's way, that should make a big difference :blink:

if i keep on going like this i should be sponsored by WHITELINE :lol:

Fitted this week:

Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar What a difference in handling!!

Replaced my front and rear brake-blocks.

Did an oil + filter change Castrol Magnatec 10W40.

and finally gave her a good polish!

• 4 weeks later...

a lil update, nothing major but gave the starlet a good cleaning!

i got a whole box of meguiar's stuff and went crazy on her.

First gave her a good wash! she looked great already and she looked really clean:

P1060262.jpg

But looking really close up you could see al kinda scratches and the surface still was kinda rough.

P1060263.jpg

So i used the clay kit from meguiar's to take off all the surface conteminents, this muck you see came off my roof only, i did the whole car:

P1060267.jpg

After the clay, i started using Scratch X, i did the entire car and she started looking really good:

P1060269.jpg

before the wax is used a polish to feed the colour and she went dark and shiney:

P1060271.jpg

After that gave her a good protecting waxcoat, the next morning i woke up to witness this beauty on my roof:

P1060272.jpg

This is the only full picture i made cause tbh i was freezing my balls off!

P1060273.jpg

Bloody hell the clean took the entire saturday but she is so shiny now and smooth as a baby's butt!