• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love too but:

1) I like a comfortable ride, especially when my route to work and back includes 20 speed bumps and a fair amount of potholes

2) If I lowered the car AND put lips on I don't think I'll be able to get on or off my drive (there's a bit further down the drive from where the cars are parke thats about a 50degree slope, which I'd either destroy the lips or ground out on :p )

3) Costs money and insurance companys get funny over lowering I'm led to believe.

However, me and Jo are currently discussing getting our own place, so the speed bumps and awkward drive could at some point become less of an issue.

Only time will tell I suppose.

I really wanted one just like that, but they were all mega mileage so we ended up getting the green starlet instead, I hope you really enjoy it ;)

Is only 54000 miles :D

Is a real pleasure to drive, so yeah, I do really enjoy it, is just really smooth and relaxed :p

Ohhh you arsehole :p I just hope you don't don't get confused with it having so fewer doors than your used to :p

I really want to go get one now! :p

Hehe, is weird not having all those doors.

Best bit has to be remote central locking.......makes me feel cool :p :P

The driving position is pretty awesome too :p

Well, the bumps I can live with, and tis only one bump in my road but is really low so is ok.

And if things go well I won't be working where I am toooo much longer so will be alright ;)

Is all down to one awkward bit of my drive.....we shall see.

One thing at a time though, need to get my strut brace done first.

Oh yeah, and for the information of Ecksjay, there's nowhere in the boot to mount the 3-point rear strut brace.

I think Riko was going to weld a piece of sheet between the rear strut towers (and to the floor and under window too I think), A sort of 100% contact rear strut, putting your rear seats down would be kinda pointless after that, but the back should be quite solid! :p

That's too much work for me :p

Not sure I will have a rear brace at all though, as it would mean cutting out a huge amount of boot carpet.

As you've guessed I'm trying to retain all the practicality of the car, whilst making subtle improvements to the car.

(although the boot of a coupe can hardly be regarded as practical in the first place :p ;))

• 1 month later...

Well, when the weather decides to be decent, will finish painting my strut brace and heat shield.

Have a painted inlet mani waiting to be fitted, and should have a polished chrome rocker cover on the way (once Riko finds a box the right size :D)

These will be going on when I get the car serviced, but can't get it serviced until have the rocker cover.

Then when that's done will fit the strut brace and heat shield on, and should have Xenon headlight bulbs in at the same time too :D

Have the braided brake lines waiting to go on, will see how much it'll cost to fit with the service, but porbs will be after a hand from you Si :DB)

So basically, watch this space, update soon.

(will be done in time for JAE B) )

Might even be able to get some blue hosing too, but don't have a clue what diammeter hosing and stuff I need.......

• 2 weeks later...

Right, have just realised JAE is 3 weeks and 1 day away, then I paniced as still have stuff to do.

Here's my to do list :lol: :

Finish painting then fit strut brace

Easy in theory, but currently the sodding weather is preventing me from finishing the painting part as is either raining or too wet to do anything

Do last coat of paint on heatshield

Same problem as above, bloody weather :lol:

Is annoying though as is sunny atm, but will no doubt be raining when I finish work :lol:

Fit Xenon Headlight bulbs

Nice and easy to do, have just been lazy and not bothered, will have a go tonight.

Hopefully will be able to get the rubber boot off from the back of the headlight

(unlike when I tried to on my Starlet :lol:)

Fit painted manifold

Still debating whether to get this fitted by a garage or take the risk of doing it myself.

Can't really afford to balls it up though as need the car for work every day....

(anyone who wants to come give me a hand with this feel free :lol: )

Oh yeah, also need to get hold of a gasket to go between the inlet mani and the throttle body

Fit new rocker cover

When have received this (ahem Riko :lol:) will need to fit it, but once again considering using a garage, unless someone wants to help me out :lol:

Service the car

Need to get this booked tbh as want the car serviced properly before I go on the trek up to JAE.

Possibly will get the inlet mani and rocker cover fitted at this time also.....

So in short, I got to get move on and get things sorted :D

Well, the plan for this weekend is to paint the strut brace blue then get it fitted, but before that goes on will get scrubbing to get the engine bay a bit cleaner (general road dirt and all that shizzle).

And depending on how much bothered factor I have, might even get the wire brushes out too :lol:

Also, if I have time will also be fitting some Xenon headlight bulbs to give me improved vision at night :lol:

Next thing after that is.........not sure yet, probs going to be painting/tidying up engine bay parts and stuff like that.

woop de de! :lol:

:lol:

mike,

inlet mani will take you a few hours, its EASY. if you get stuck just ring me and ill sort you out.

and the rocker cover. do it yourself!!! its so easy. if not, bring it to JAE and ill for it for you there. its a piece of piss.

Riteo, but if you forget, I carry a toolkit round withme in the boot anyhoos :lol:

Mini Update

Actually got round to fitting my Xenon headlight bulbs this evening when I got in from work, and after taking Jo home just now, I can say they make a nice difference for very little money indeed.

Have a few metres more vision (if that makes any sense?) and are generally brighter and slightly whiter too, so no longer have annoying yellow lights :lol: