Jordk's 1A0 Glanza V (Rebuild)Progress HUGE UPDATE

Well that's the head stripped ready to get cleaned at my work and skimmed. Then I'll be getting the inlet/exhaust ports ported out and polished at a machine shop. Getting the block cleaned up at work tomorrow too! Will post shiney pictures when I'm done! Just need to work out what else to get done to the head as unsure if i'll need over sized valves etc to run the power I'm aiming for (300bhp mark!). Also getting the crank balanced and mirco polished etc at some point when I've got a wad of cash to throw at the car!

Cannot wait to get this back on the road! So sick of the Honda. It's just not the same! :(

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crank in that block is a bit bashed. Will post pics. The other block I'm using had a crank that was better condition. So overall out of the two engines I'm using the cylinder head and cams from the blown one and the bottom end from the other one. Valves are now removed getting it cleaned tomorrow but the block will be done tonight! Then need a honing tool and the block will be ready for the crank!

Here's a few pics after a closer look to the damage!

d13a23e2.jpg

1f331244.jpg

6e8de2da.jpg

And some minor damage to the valves

d7b97619.jpg

The state of the crank. (and what's left of the Conrod cap etc)

a64633b2.jpg

f2d69d2f.jpg

And on a lighter note!

Some shiny stuff!

Inlet (needs wet and dry then polish to look neater)

1261cec0.jpg

Crank pulley. After a quick bead blast. Unsure if I should give it a lick of paint or not :/

dc02aece.jpg

Still working on the block and will have the head done too. As the valves are all out. :)

Jeese never seen anything like that before , good luck buddy :)

Wows ^^^ this :(

Thats one of the worst engine failures ive seen for sure!!

Haha I've heard of worse tbh. Does this mean I get a medal/award? :D lol

• 2 weeks later...

Right well bit of an update. Got my honda sold so now have some cash to throw at the car (once I get it in the bank). :D

So far I've got a list of all new parts (including ancillaries) From Idree's at ID Workz for an awesome price!

In the mean time I've spent some of my spare time tidying up the car.

Today I stripped/cleaned both front arches for undersealing

5344171b.jpg

(excuse the horrendous phone photo quality)

And the rears were done and assembled again as I'm shot blasting and painting the front arms and fitting an anti lift kit.

Along with ordering some whiteline goodies to go in all areas of the car! :)

d82b81a6.jpg

Also removed the rear bumper and was faced with a lot of tar and general dirt from the roads. So that was to be cleaned also!

Before

4c889cf5.jpg

After

0a59f8db.jpg

Will be getting some pics of the shiny new parts soon. :D

• 6 months later...

Well this has been one of the longest projects ever!

Slowly starting to take some shape now though. So far I worked out it was cheaper to buy an already forged engine and fit that so I have bought Hawwy's old engine!

On a stand in my garage ready for a clean and paint

67A3EFE8-A171-4912-82EF-BE20FBD57A65-612

On top of that I've received everything to complete a full rebuild of the front chassis and hubs, i.e. bearings, ball joints, track rod ends, bushes (poly), whiteline front arb etc etc.

Just to save for turbo kit, management, LSD and gearbox rebuild, different kit and a full respray. Decided to just go all out. Respray will likely be soon once I get it rolling again.

Finally coming together though! Pay rises help these silly expensive little cars!

Also to add I got a new daily which I shall post a new progress on!

4495B2F1-4D32-4AA8-84A9-96114525455B-612

Another 1A0 Glanza but running a ct9 hybrid and stock rebuild by TM Developments. Running 210BHP. Great little daily compared to the past few cars I've tried and sold. Nothing compares to an EP!

A pic of the two of them until the next update...

AF93BE6E-13C9-44B7-BEED-9772113B6850-612

Haha Cheers dude. My friends don't understand the obsession, but after owning a BMW and an RS Megane, neither could compare to a starlet!

Two V's! Nice!

Cheers again Hawwy! Can't wait to get it in and running after it gets a good tart up of course.

Nice to see my old engine there bud

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not been a lot of progress at the moment as I'm just waiting to get the shell resprayed!

In the meantime I've been stripping the car and interior and painting the engine and chassis bits. Also poly bushed the front arms and fitted a heavy duty whiteline arb!

Here's a few pics of the freshly painted engine and the car looking sorry for itself!

78DAEEFD-50C3-4FED-844D-3F06726BF25A-169

B265EB8A-4B38-412D-971B-C22DACB660DC-169

4F938963-FD1B-48E6-9926-7D7565EB9AC2-169

121409D8-D6B7-41CB-8A8E-72DA3CD80775-169

Also had my kakimoto racing back box repaired (by mark1991) as there was a big hole where it's closest to the ground!

12B91F1D-B668-4F02-8540-B7C3CD0FEF27-169