What would you do?

cant really add to whats been said but, i wouldnt offer him jack....ive not known you for long but i do know your an extremely generous person especially when it comes to business and being true gent with matters like this

that being said id let this one go iddy, youve offered him a cracking deal which he didnt take.....just seems to me hes got another damaged set or w/e and wants to pull a fast one....3 months is a long time to want your money back for a second hand item

also can we see pics of the damage?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get some pics up, let the pictures do the talking ive damaged a set of coilovers before so lets see how these compare....we all know about the set that was sold damaged to one of the irish lads...

eagerly awaits pictures....

Iddy your to soft dude :-D

I just put myself in the buyers shoes to understand both sides.. if the coilovers went to their house then it would be their fault for not checking them, but there's three parties involved including the garage that they were sent to.

Awaiting pictures now.

Iddy your to soft dude :-D

I just put myself in the buyers shoes to understand both sides.. if the coilovers went to their house then it would be their fault for not checking them, but there's three parties involved including the garage that they were sent to.

Awaiting pictures now.

Id tell them where to go mate,.who om earth waits 3+ months to ask for refunds etc, the 3g should or whoever accepted the package should have checked the contents upon delivery where any defects/damage can be rectified. Dont put yourswlf out of pocket for someone being a complete mug.

As others have said your far to soft on people.

Agreed! Id not offer a refund after three months mate! The garage is at fualt for not checking them plain and simple. You sold what you say where good coiloves therfor your part is done. If they had come back to you sooner the couriwer would foot the bill. his loss not yours. your offer of discounted bc's is very nice. if he dosnt want to take you up on it again his loss! You shouldnt lose out over this imo atal!!!!!

I have now received pictures and it looks like it's just the keys that are bent! It looks like a very small issue to me. I can't remember whether the D2s keys are removable, but either way it looks like an easy fix.

90a0ee6c.jpg

53eb0152.jpg

26eaa72c.jpg

The last picture isn't a bent top mount, it's a pillow ball type so they rotate side to side like that.

the knobs will still work, if hes still anal about it they can be got as spare parts

/>http://www.jdmregiment.com/index.php/browse-by-brand/d2/adjuster-knob-3mm-hex-coilovers.html

They definitely don't want to use them so I'm going to happily buy them back at £200, I'd be silly to say no - it's a bargain imo, and perfect for someone who is building a budget track toy!!

If i took my coilovers to a garage like that and they said they are bent beyond fitting id leave haha. They have a screw loose if they are still not willing to keep them even when the problem is easy to fix. I guess some people are born stupid lol.

Your getting the best deal now :p

Russell

I think they must have realised that the garage was in wrong for not checking them sooner. Before this, they did threaten to legal action as one of their family members is a solicitor, I said that I was more than happy to let them go ahead with this because there was no way that anything would come out of it. Sorted now though :)

Why did said person take so long so long to make you aware, the idea of signing for a package is to check that they are in good condition. If there not and they still sign for it its the own fault therefor they are to blame, not you. I unferstand youve got a business to run but theres a limit to good will gestures.

Personally 3 months is too long time to make a complaint yhey could have been thrown down some stairs for all your aware.

Just my 2cents ;)

what he said! ^^^^^^

should have checked the package and condition before signing for them, you might lose one customer over this issue (i.e him ) but youve still got the rest of the uk with you because we all no how good a trader you are,

:)