Engine conversion options help?

Got a gt turbo, the head went today and repair looks pricey.

Considering these engines (will need some input if it's possible or not) -

Impreza turbo

200sx

Civic type r

Evo

Probably being a bit of a dreamer with these ridiculous ideas.

Head may be warped. Needs a new gasket on the water feed to the turbo, new coolant hoses because they split. Coolant pissed out everywhere and car hasn't started up since. Exhaust back fired when I tried turning it over.

If any were to be done your best bet would be k20 from a civic! Custom mounts, driveshafts, exhaust manifold. Stick it on k-pro with mbe inlet mani and 3" exhaust and u got 250hp n/a whore!!

If a 2zzge can be made to fit sure as hell a k20 can ;)

it will be far far cheaper to repair the 4e you have than put one of the other lumps in.....the only real advantage the 4e has over them is its light and with the money you`d throw at fitting one of the others in you could have a potent little 4e

Haha naa sorry I've been hanginh with honda boys to much, kpro is an ecu, hondata k-pro they all use it and make crazy power gains. A friend type r runs dc sports system and tegiwa intake mapped on kpro at tdi and made 214whp thats a 60hp + gain!!

Its nuts for an n/a 2.0ltr

Yeah any conversion is fair money, driveshafts alone would be a good £500! The only thing I would say if you do do a swap go extreme, they all require the same amount of work and costs so do it on something worthwhile. 4age only 160-70hp (i did mine cheap and still cost me £6-700 in parts without an engine,) a stock.tfe can manage that, a scoob lump wont fit as its inline likewise the 200sx lump.

Prob best going 5e-4e fte unless u have to be different ;)

Edited by morgey

tbh it would be pointless. if your gonna go to those lengths, the cost etc put it in a better car. starlet will have its limits.

you could build a cracking little forged engine for the cost of buying a k20 let alone fitting it etc. would absolutely love to see it tho if yu did. but if your gonna go to those lengths again... be crazy and put it in the rear lol.

lol i know im a sucker for itb's.

id love to see the conversion enzo was talking about a while ago.. think it was the camry ally v6. light and 300ish hp or something. that in the rear of a starlet would be awesome. id love to do that tbh. if i still have my starlet in a couple of years it will be definately something i consider.

• 2 months later...

Is this EP82 with an EVO engine in it on Youtube or twinternet anywhere?

Not that having an EVO in my garage and a Starlet NA sitting around doing nothing is making me think! lol

Surely it would just be more of a case of custting the EVO wheelbase down and then dropping the shell over the top - Would be cool though, short wheel base 4wd 400bhp pocket rocket!

I'm still learning on what can fit and whats a sensible replacement for these cars but do agree if you've got the money to throw at it might aswell do something radical but if you like you GT just invest the money on a rebuild I would say or pick up a direct replacement engine