@Russ78 - just curious, why were you sitting in the right hand lane?? were you doing an overtake on anything or was it a clear road??

Phil.

na was a clear road doing around 50 on a 50 mph road even though the copper was trying to push me to do more thats why i pulled to left lane and let him go past !

Bit of a crap rant really. What did you do after he said your full beam was on? Nothing so he assumed you'd left your full beam on still? But still let you carry on down the road?

Bit confusing.

yeah my thoughts exactly i just said thanks officer,did nothing to my lights and let him go round the roundabout first then carried on home, dont get the point of it ? :wacko:

^^^bastard wullie!!! u beat me to it!!!! that was what I was fishing at!!!!

but yeah, why on earth would you be sitting in the outside lane??? just because u were doing the speed limit???

nothing bugs me more than driving home late at nite on a motor way or dual carriageway and findin some goon in anything but the inside lane!!!! and they're only there because they're doing 70 or they're turning right in 6 miles!!!! there are whole road safety campaigns dedicated to this entire MLH (Middle Lane Hog) disaster!!!

i don't understand why anyone would be in anything other than the left hand lane if they're not passing anything. You drive in the left lane, u pull out to do an over take, and u move back in!

must i get on my Qualified Advanced Driving Observer High Horse and preach this shit all over UKSC!

if it had been me had come up behind u that nite u'd have got full beam and the horn and irately told to get in the right bloody lane lol.

Phil.

Was the inside lane empty?? If so, learn to drive. You drive in the left lane and move out to overtake. You shouldnt be sitting in that lane. That sorta thing pisses me off no end.

Also, have you got HIDs?

hold on hold on there was nothing on the road and he was tailgating me who side are you guys on !!

and i did move over and no i dont have HIDs

Edited by russ78

just edited it sorry bout that.

i do understand what your saying but i was there an no offence you wasnt, i know what it was about and so does he i just needed to vent some anger and have done so

for me thats enough but thanks to all the other members that were behind me :thumbsup:

Do 4-500 miles a week, sorry but you'd get the same treatment off me if i then got blinded by your HIDs id just slow down and full beam your arse till i got bored...much love :p

They are nicknamed `Clod`s` where i come from. Stands for Center Lane Only Drivers. Annoys the hell out of me too and i`ve undertaking them on a few occasions before as well just to piss them off. I`ve even followed one off the sliproad and straight to the middle. No one else around to overtake either so i cut them up and they got the idea and moved back over to left lane.

Rant over ;)

EUGH MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS!!!

What is wrong with people that do this?! Its SO ANNOYING! I sit at 60 in the left hand going to work on the M6 and the amount of people I see hogging the middle lane is shocking.. These people need shooting :rtfm:

frankly i'm on the copper's side tbh.

you should have been done for careless driving. fact.

if it were me behind you i'd have undertaken you then cut the shit out of you in the outside lane to give u the hint.

use the correct lane. to be honest the cop was more than decent not booking you for it. he should have.

Phil.

lol "And today everyone rips into Russ78" give the lad a break haha!.... Shoulsn't be in the right hand lane though... Fucking annoying. Copper would have been up your arse to say "move over" and to be honest I'd probably have done the same thing if I weren't in a good mood.

I was once caught behind a prick doing 40 in the outside lane of a dual carridge way, this went on for two stretches and thought bollocks to this so undertook him f-ing and blinding as I went past! The car followed me in to asda car park got out and it turns out the car consisted of two undercover police officers! Haha, they threatened to take my license off me! So I told them what I thought and got a move on! Pricks

Edited by mattyD

apparently there are a shower of pricks about at present who PURPOSELY sit in the outter lanes to piss people off and force them to do the undertake, then when they do the bastards ring the 5-0 and report them for undertaking.

now, i had heard folk were being done on the back of this, but tbh i find that complete horseshit, because its the word of some wanker against yours. and if u are in possession of a clean and advanced driving licence and they are not, then who's word is going to stand stronger?? lol

but yeah, just watch for them pricks too guys.

Phil.

I hate people that hog the outside lane (OVERTAKING LANE) too however people that undertake are just as bad and it's much more dangerous, if the dozey idiot in the overtaking lane isn't paying attention (which they clearly can't be) and finally decides to pull over at the point your undertaking then who's in the shit then?

The thing that really gets my back up is when there is a que of cars sitting behind either a dozey idiot not going anywhere or someone overtaking at 1mph more than the person in the slow lane, then some idiot decides to try and undertake the whole que and cut in front just to then sit barely over the speed limit after the mobile chicane finally pulls over.

I do over 400miles a week and see it all the time, the best thing to do if the idiots don't pull over is flash the lights after a mile or so and if it's goes on for a silly distance get right up their hoop - but that's still pretty silly too.

I drive a bmw so effectively have a license to drive like a prick but I try to rise above it!

Cant even see the 1st post but yea I also hate lane hoggers, MOVE THE FUCK OVER!!!

Have cut many of people up (like really cut them up) and slowed right down in front of them so they get the hint.

Lesson learned here I hope :)