Pros and Cons of Removing ABS from a high powered starlet?

As above folks. Looking for the advantages and disadvantages of removing the ABS completely from a high powered starlet? I have seen it done before but hear mixed opinions on it.

Thanks in advance,

Browner.

i run the wms kit honestly worth every penny as its all country b roads round me saved my ass more times than i can count now. dunno how people get away with uprating the power so much but not doing much on the brake side must be all straight line drivers :harhar:

ForgedV how do you find the 6 pot K sports? I was thinking of investing in a set or maybe Wilwoods. My nerves are gone with the brakes here at the minute

I never really go a chance to properly use them if I'm honest the car came off the road a short while after fitting them only just ran the pads in really but did have a few problems with the abs kicking in had no problem with the brakes in my GT with no abs so il just go for that route again

This :)

The size of the rotors, the piston size, brake fluid, and having air rush onto the brakes to cool them down helps.

you forgot one of the most important thing matching the caliper to the servo and i think the guyy above you was on about this ?

• 2 weeks later...

Any one got some pics of their master clyinder when it's removed I.e. Which out let goes to front and back. Does it matter????

I removed my abs last weekend. Thanks to silly sr having a uk starlet non abs I had his o/s & n/s brake lines, proportioning valve, and the lines that run off the master cylinder and the 2 rears stay in the same place. Was all a straight fit, might be worth if there's any non abs uk starlets around and rip the brake lines out of that, still looks oem then too.