feeling the itch for something else

damn i hate going to shows as i always end up seeing something else i want and japfest was no exception.......

the integra DC5 tickled my fancy yesterday.... hmmm do i dare go vtec lol......

i have also been thinking bout the mazda 3/6 mps recently as well :/

What ever you do mate stay jap. The mazda 3/6 mps are pretty underated as tuner cars so it would be cool to see a tuned one.

I've worked on a mk1 3 mps and for a standard car it was rapid. Can't argue with 2.3l turbo power.

As for the dc5 and other hondas, unless you go turbo its fucking hard to get a decent amount of power out of them for the money spent imo.

What ever you do mate stay jap. The mazda 3/6 mps are pretty underated as tuner cars so it would be cool to see a tuned one.

I've worked on a mk1 3 mps and for a standard car it was rapid. Can't argue with 2.3l turbo power.

As for the dc5 and other hondas, unless you go turbo its fucking hard to get a decent amount of power out of them for the money spent imo.

tbf is i went for the dc5 it'll be for style as apposed to bhp.. i'd be thinking low and tucked :)

and yeh the 3/6mps are very understated which i why i like the idea of having one.. apparantly 350 is easily within reach with BBR doing a stage 2 them

Edited by LeeroyV

yeh always like the s14a or s15 but well impractical as i have a littlelun so need to be able to get a babyseat in and get the baby into it lol

I've got two kids and as long as a car has four seats it' was never a problem...!

Why say Impractical ?

I've got two kids and as long as a car has four seats it' was never a problem...!

Why say Impractical ?

not so bad when they can get in and out them selfs but on lower cars its a mission to get them into a baby seat so impractical for me lol

Id love a Mazda 3 mps. look awesome and i haven't seen a bad review on them.

also a dc5 is a good choice and pretty nippy as standard. Get a good recommended induction kit and an exhaust on it and see good power gains. Its all about making the vtec breath lol

Read a bad review on the mazda 3mps about them overfuelling as standard and you get carbon deposits behind the intake valves, when the deposits fall off they can detonate on the chamber and causes some serious damage!

My mate also has one and they aren't a very good chassis, torque steer like crazy, probably won't be so bad with an lsd though.

The mazda 3 mps looks nice if its the newer model with the bonnet scoop its very scooby looking. Only problem with the mazda is pretty much evey other hot hatch in its category out performs it with a smaller engine. focus st and r32 aside. Plus mazdas arent really japanese anymore. Nice car though and if you have work done it pretty much rubbishes my comment lol.

Feeling it even worse now after looking at s15s and r32s at the moment....can get a 1990 R32 GTR with 117km on the clock, mint, standard etc, for....£3686. damn i wish enzo was still doing his importing.

a friend of mine has a very low milage blue type r for sale if you want me to find out more details :)

not that im trying to guide you away from a starlet or anything but it would be good value for money if thats what you want ;)

S15? it's prob be near the end of the year before i could afford anything anyway. also tempted just to mod the starlet, td04 etc. but then thats a load of money id never get back.

a friend of mine has a very low milage blue type r for sale if you want me to find out more details :)

not that im trying to guide you away from a starlet or anything but it would be good value for money if thats what you want ;)

i am swaying towards the DC5 but im gonna have to get rid of the starlet first which probably means breaking it :(