Still there is a leak :(

Had some work done on my gt yesterday

New crankcase oil seal cambelt side

New camshalft oil seal

Sump re sealed

Oil and filter change

Pick it up and am told its all good they ran it for ages no leaks test drive no leaks but after running it down the motorway thus morning I notice oil around the edge of the pulleys at the bottom and sump the garage said the seal just needs bedding in but could it be anything else any help appreciated

Thanks

They told me to drive it till Friday see if it sorts itself out (the seal beds itself in) otherwise it had to be somthing else they rekon but is there anything else on that side it could be :(

But If it doesn't they will b getting it back is this true about the seal ?

Never heard of that before with a seal lol. Just because a headgasket is new doesn't maen it should leak gas ;)

Take it back mate and say your not happy with the service.

EP sumps are a bastard...

No Gasket...

Thin material, once they have been torqued down they bend into a big wavey edge... Which makes sealing a fucker!

Ontop of that, the sealant takes overnight imo to set properly before running it!

i have had this problem with mine for ever and a day.

so much so it ended up causing me to buy a daily driver.

EP sumps are f**kin balls, as socks says, they just bend. Alan E is gonna redo mine with a different sump and we're gonna let it seal for a few weeks before going back near it.

i feel your pain dude, oil leaks from an FTE have put my head away!

Phil.

The sump being balls is a nice way of putting it ha ha so to it properly I would be best replacing the sump you rekon because it has been done a few times so as socks said probably warped to fuck ?

:(

I used a sealant and it's like treacle when it comes out I was talking to an engineer the other week he says it's the best you can buy it's brown comes out really thick and sticky but doesn't set just leaves a tacky barrier I dunno if it will work or not I'll keep u updated when I start the engine

my sump came off three times and it still sealed up like a champ....used this

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6003&rt=nc&_nkw=dirko&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

we use it on every sump we do, astras etc you name it and it NEVER leaks...the vag group supply what seems the same stuff for there sumps

i wouldnt say its the sump thats pants, ive done a few now, and never had one leak on me (reason ive done a few is because i snapped a few bolts :D )

also the crank case seal needs to bed in is a load of crap, i didnt amjads, and his was fine straight off and im assuming, it still is? as he hasnt said anything about it

i know enots had this problem, got everything done, and it was the oil pump seal that was leaking, for the sake of £3 id get it done if they take it all off to have another look