*Heads up on fake ecus*

I have also put this up on SCOOBYNET http://bbs.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/936622-fake-ecus-sold-by-a-member-on-here-user-name-ppgscooby.html

I bought a Sard ecu off this guy on ebay for my Toyota Sarlet glanza.

After reciveing the so called Sard ecu off this guy i thought id try it on my car..So i took my upgraged Jam racing ecu out of my car and plugged in the Sard ecu..after letting the car idle for about 20min i took it for a spin and this is where the alarm bells started ringing.

As most of you know when buying an aftermarket ecu it is ment to do the following.

removes fuel cut,

rev limit increased to 8,000rpm

removes speedlimiter

increases boost

When trying this Sard ecu on my car it did not do any of them things i.e still had the jap speedlimiter, still had full cut above 0.8boost, rev limiter was still reving factory 7250rpm!.

So i took the Sard ecu out of my car and had a good look at it and noticed stright away that the screws had markes on them as if it had been opend befor also the sticker on the side had been tampered with!!!.

So i though id open the sard ecu and compare it with my factory fitted ecu that i had spare.

And this is what i found.

Both the factory ecu and the sard ecu are identical no extra chips/bord were found on the sard ecu when they should be And that is because this seller has swapped the original Sard ecu cover and but it on top of an standard ecu cover there for makeing it look like an original upgraded Sard ecu but infact its not its just a standard ecu..

Pics of the Sard ecu against a factory ecu

as you can see both do look prity much the same minus the sard stickers ect

Picture843.jpg

Now a pic of the insides of the factory ecu and the sard ecu as you can see there is no extra bord/chip in the sard ecu when they should be

Picture850.jpg

So take this as a word of warning if the ecus for the scoobys look factory like they do for a Glanza then make sure you are getting the real deal because as you can see it is so easy to just swap things over to make it look like an aftermarket ecu when infact its not..I know this guy has just joint this forum to sell scooby parts so this is a heads up that this guy is not to be trusted his ebay user name is amitraaj_12, and this is the scooby parts that he was selling on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300705853931?_trksid=e 11051.m203&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26itu%3DLM%252BLA% 252BUCI%252BUCC%26otn%3D1&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB :1348

Not yet mate just in the process!...And sorry i havent replyed to your message as yet mate been on a mission to find out more about this guy ever since you give me the heads up that the ecu was a fake.

Its just a shame that these scammers have to spoil things for other people this is the first time i have ever come across a dud ecu and i've had loads.

Ohh and thanks for that pic zebedee

Edited by micky boy

my mate done the same thing as you !, brought the sard ecu off of ebay and found out it was fake, told ebay, went through disputes but he got his money back, not sure if its the same one but it looks exactly the same so may be he got it back and flogged it again :S, he got it 3-4 months ago, some people need help

Shame no one never but a thread up befor now then maybe i wouldnt of bought it lol..Looks like this ecu has been flogged on a few time by the looks of it!..The only problem im haveing is i didnt go though ebay when paying this guy i just when though paypal as i made him an offe via ebay email so dont have as much back up if you like!.

I have to get a 3rd pary apinion to say the ecu is dodage or im not getting my money back!

Edited by micky boy

Right guys

I've managed to get my money back off paypal :) happy days (NOTE always paypal the 4%fees its well worth it even if you know someone very well still pay the fees dont send as a gift) it give's you something to fall back on if things go tits up!!!.

On the down side i have to send this Sard ecu back to the seller i got it off!!! So a word of warning if you see a Sard ECU pop up for sale be very cautious befor buying it! infact be very cautious about very thing you buy!!!

Right guys

I've managed to get my money back off paypal :) happy days (NOTE always paypal the 4%fees its well worth it even if you know someone very well still pay the fees dont send as a gift) it give's you something to fall back on if things go tits up!!!.

On the down side i have to send this Sard ecu back to the seller i got it off!!! So a word of warning if you see a Sard ECU pop up for sale be very cautious befor buying it! infact be very cautious about very thing you buy!!!

name and shame the seller on ebay dude

so people have the serial number and the sellers username if he trys selling again :D

If you look at the very bottom of the page you will see his ebay user name :) i will edit the lay out of the first post so it makes it easyer to see as i rushed it abit putting the thread up.