lol i just want the running gear so i can get some power down

what do you want the running gear for ???

i understood that the under carrige is different on the 82/91 to the 85/95

Really dont think its possible tbh. Whole different floor plan with tunnel for prop, space for diff, completely different rear axle etc.

Best bet would be a lsd if you haven't got one already. Good luck though mate!

I don't think a starlet 4wd kit will ever come up for sale. I you really want to mod, cut and weld, can't you use the drivetrain off another 4wd toyota? Obviously this will be a task but as you said anything can be modded to fit.

Also would really like to see someone MAKE a 4wd starlet. Apart from the ones with two engines.

it will be cheaper to buy a 85 or 95. the cars dont come up for sale that often and theres even less spares about. the only person who had a spare set of running gear was gaz and i think it went with the blue one when he sold it.

better to just buy an ep95 or 85 2bh dude, unless your literally a dab hand with custom fabrication etc if your gonna blast a lot of power through it. if i was that good at fabrication id be putting a gt4 setup into one, gearboxes and diffs on those are huge compared with the starlet drivetrain so will take much more power.

yep if you were to do through all the trouble of hacking all the car apart making a new tunnel ect all the mounts for everything, sorting out a new petrol tank too .... ect you might aswel put a better 4wd system in there. this has been cover loads of times before. if your serious about a 4wd i could be tempted to sell mine in some state or another...