• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think the person with with the civics being honest or the focus isnt 330hp.

The bloke with the civic hasnt said a word lol. His 'Mate' said it just had exhaust etc. Also bearing in mind he couldnt drive for toffee hitting the limiter for like 2seconds.

I just dont understand considering the focus has way more torque, than a k20. And also more bhp. I will get a pic of proof about the focus when i see my sister.

As everyone else is saying, its the WEIGHT, power to weight ratio is what matters here. Acceleration from a rolling speed also. And tbf mate the ep3 probably has more than just an exhaust.

As everyone else is saying, its the WEIGHT, power to weight ratio is what matters here. Acceleration from a rolling speed also. And tbf mate the ep3 probably has more than just an exhaust.

But the focus still has more power to weight if we say it had 240-260 bhp ish with so called mods? So what are you lot getting at?

Shall i get a saxo then and it will beat the focus?

a couple a bolt on mods on a civic works well, because the type R's are finished engines, not just cast and bolted together, they lightly port all the head etc and dont leave it a crappy cast finish, so an exhaust would make a much bigger difference than to say a clio or something crap

and i only made that comparison because your banging on about power and torque. just showing you weight is a massive factor too.

how do you know the civic isnt stripped?

But the focus still has more power to weight if we say it had 240-260 bhp ish with so called mods? So what are you lot getting at?

Shall i get a saxo then and it will beat the focus?

if it has a good power to weight :)

Weight is a massive factor right? Well the focus beat my 106 ITB'D rallye which was stripped and caged, it was 183 bhp at the fly and 155 lb ft, it also weights alot less than a ep3? It lost against the focus? I used to beat ep3's in it?

how do you know the guy cant drive for toffee by the way? just because he hit the limiter? he managed to stick with the ST didnt he? even hitting the limiter

not sure why you've even asked about this on a starlet forum? then shooting everyone down who gives a reply. if it was boosted, it woulda walked the ST easily

it may have a few mods and a remap

a mate of mine had an ep3 and an RS focus, and he said the civic felt alot quicker

how do you know the guy cant drive for toffee by the way? just because he hit the limiter? he managed to stick with the ST didnt he? even hitting the limiter

not sure why you've even asked about this on a starlet forum? then shooting everyone down who gives a reply. if it was boosted, it woulda walked the ST easily

it may have a few mods and a remap

a mate of mine had an ep3 and an RS focus, and he said the civic felt alot quicker

You dont feel bhp, you feel torque. Which the ep3 has none of TBF.

Dont get me wrong i love the ep3, and there awesome track cars. But i dont see how a ep3 with just a exhaust and so on kept up with a focus what beats every other type r, r32, carrera 4's, etc etc

What was your original question at the beginning? Why did an ep3 beat an st. I assume it was a straight line race from a rolling start. If so then acceleration may be a key factor, ep3 is na so no lag, you said the st had a big intercooler so this will add lag. Also where is all the power in the st? Top of the rev range? Its not all just about power, its weather its usable or not.

Also why is everyone upload rs videos when i am talking about a st. Rs's having stupidly big body kits, and different gear ratios. Hence why my mates st leave a rs with 60 bhp more .......

What was your original question at the beginning? Why did an ep3 beat an st. I assume it was a straight line race from a rolling start. If so then acceleration may be a key factor, ep3 is na so no lag, you said the st had a big intercooler so this will add lag. Also where is all the power in the st? Top of the rev range? Its not all just about power, its weather its usable or not.

The st power is linear tbh. There isnt much lag on her car, there is on a mk1 rs. But its throughout the rev range. Yeah it was a rolling start.

And i am not slating anyone on this forum.

Just everyone on here with boosted cars no that civics dont have much torque tbh. And the focus has quite a bit, it way about 190 kg more i think but the ep3 comes no way near 400lb ft if it wasnt boosted.

A good read lol

Can I ask, why if u had a stripped itb'b caged 106 with 183bhp which was as fast as u said have u got a picture of a rover with a couple of chicks as an avatar??

Hmmmmmm

Focus st's are not that fast dude, that and whoever is behind the wheel just can't drive...

This is going round in circles mate............... Just ask the guy what his spec is. Also starlet kids hate civic owners so don't know why everyone is backing the ep3 haha.

A good read lol

Can I ask, why if u had a stripped itb'b caged 106 with 183bhp which was as fast as u said have u got a picture of a rover with a couple of chicks as an avatar??

Hmmmmmm

Focus st's are not that fast dude, that and whoever is behind the wheel just can't drive...

Thats my forum avatar from ages ago. All my cars ive had in the past are on fb, and i have rr printouts of my rallye.

I didnt say focus sts were quick there slow as fuck standard imo? And like i say the person behind the wheel can drive, he beats m3's on track, evo 6 with 15 ks worth of mods, porshes, skyline r32 gtrs, clio cup race cars. The car is on buddy club coilies, and has a diff and semi slicks for track , the cars driven hard. You dont know the driver.

Edited by zrjace