Right as Afew of you know I'm toying with the idea of either getting a GT or a civic coupe 1.6vti em1 160bhp b16. I know you will all say et a GT but was wondering what kind of mpg you guys get in your GT's? E.g. How many miles off a £10 or £20??

Depends of pence per litre. Most 4etfe powered stratlets get between 30-35mpg though. A few do hit 40+ on a run. But when your using the car as it was intended it does ofcourse drop significantly.

what you get for 10 or 20 quid is pretty irrelevant as there as so many factors, in my 170bhp gt turbo i wouldnt get anything less then 32mpg, and that was 50% boosting about with some town driving etc, no motorway journeys at all

190 to a full tank, and that's about what £45??

Dude, your fuel consumption is shit. Do you drive around on boost all the time ? Mine used to get 240-270 to a tank every tank without fail and 300+ on a few occasions when cruising up and down motorways or a/b roads without abbusing her.

On a motorway run @ 60mph I'll get roughly 100 miles to £10...

I used to get this when I first started driving and petrol was about £1.15?? VERY much doubt you will get that now!

I used to get this when I first started driving and petrol was about £1.15?? VERY much doubt you will get that now!

Even at £1.15 that seems optimistic!

I travelled to Birmingham every week in my old GT, 240 miles to a tank average around a year ago. A full tank was about £45

My Glanza costs £50 to fill up and the best I've had is 250 miles from a tank.

Dude, your fuel consumption is shit. Do you drive around on boost all the time ? Mine used to get 240-270 to a tank every tank without fail and 300+ on a few occasions when cruising up and down motorways or a/b roads without abbusing her.

Mate mine is only ever used for fun, driven once or twice a month and always on boost so yes 190 to a tank has been normal for the last 7 years

Edited by MARC MOSS

Id say get the gt lol my levin is a 1.6vvti 20v and 160hp and drinks like fook when your on the vvti range and they say vtec is one of the more agresive valve timing switchovers so can only imagine how thirsty that will get. thing with a gt is dont wanna drink fuel then stay off boost :) simple and off boost its a fairly nippy and manageable drive. that is my honest opinion.

In mine 1.6 4age I managed cruising at 80-90 on a motorway 35mpg and that involved a very lengthy flat out blast. This was over a 320 mile trip. Taking it easy ill get high 30's low 40's.

I dont think therd be much difference between the two cars just the lack of torque in a civic would mean more abuse, throttle revs etc so maybe high fuel consumption

My B16 turbo does 99 miles to a full tank if u drive flat out lol my glanza isn't much better, vary rarely get over 180 miles to a tank with average driving

My B16 turbo does 99 miles to a full tank if u drive flat out lol my glanza isn't much better, vary rarely get over 180 miles to a tank with average driving

Nice and precise there lol why not just say 100, still thats appalling, hope they dont sell your lead boots anymore :p

Lol because 99 is the worst i ever done, i set the clock to 0 when i first bought it and filled it up then took a picture on my phone of when it was empty and it read 99 on the dash! Absolute awful car on petrol fairplay, been putting atleast £100 a week petrol in the pissing thing. I need to get it mapped but then im afraid itl be quicker than my glanza and i aint having that after all the money I've just spent on my V lol