Max pressure for Std CT9

Alright guys going to be upping my boost in the next month or so. So been wondering with a standard CT9 whats the max pressure and the best optimum pressure to run them at. And is adjusting the actuator and physically boosting it and looking at the boost guage the only way to tell your pressure? I will be running a mani, decat, hks actuator, plug and play ecu, hks mushrrom filter, blitz nurspec r exhaust and an arc tmic.

Cheers in advance

When i changed my ct9 cause the seals were shot i swapped my actuator on to the new ct9, went and ran it and it boosted too over 20psi but i let off when i noticed it ! it pulled like a bloody train haha, But as already said 1 bar but sometimes they they can take more !

Personaly id get shot of the plug and play and get emb so its mapped properly as plug and plays can.be a bit unpredictable, but of your stayin plug and play make sure you get your AFR checjed out :)

Flamingsam is right I don't normaly get involved in these convos cuz everyone normally jumps down my throat I ran 1.8 for over two years admittedly not on purpose to begin with (vast boost creep)

And yes higher up the revs it did start to drop off power like all ct9's but the acceleration was immense as like most ct9's hit full boost at like 3k rpm and my car still runs beautifully even now and just had a td04 fitted and the ct9 was bang on when me and mike had a quick look at it at tuning developments when Sam drove it it was at 1.4 and still very nippy

Whats the script with getting an EMB instead of a plug and play? Apart from getting them mapped. Whats the differences price wise? Id def be buyin 2nd hand on here. Do u need to wire in an EMB as in break into other wires?

Yes mate it will all av to be wired in properly and the benefits are u can set the fueling up to be exact with with what ever set up u have so the car will perform and run better and make greater progress power wise etc I have emb and think its sound never had a problem with it as of yet

Flamingsam is right I don't normaly get involved in these convos cuz everyone normally jumps down my throat I ran 1.8 for over two years admittedly not on purpose to begin with (vast boost creep)

And yes higher up the revs it did start to drop off power like all ct9's but the acceleration was immense as like most ct9's hit full boost at like 3k rpm and my car still runs beautifully even now and just had a td04 fitted and the ct9 was bang on when me and mike had a quick look at it at tuning developments when Sam drove it it was at 1.4 and still very nippy

what power were you getting from 1.8bar?

So how hard are they to wire in and where do you wire them to? Do they replace the std ECU or is it a piggyback unit? What are the options and how much do they tend to cost 2nd hand?

they are simple to wire in if your good with a soldering iron you just wire it in to the loom before it connects to the ecu. you can get a field harness which will set u back about £100 and u wire it into there and then that plugs in between the standard ecu and the cars loom id recommend one if u went down the emu route as it has alot more wires but with the emb there isnt as many so prob not worth the extra cost.

not sure what e-manage blues sell for second hand but if u fancy a trip to kilmarnock the guys that mapped mine are up there and i reakon would prob set u back about £200 quid to get it fitted and mapped main advantages of a piggyback over a plug and play is the piggyback while be maped to your exact mods and should pull a nice bit more power.a long with this you should find it better on fuel aswell because plug and plays have a tendency to overfuel for safety. however plug and plays hold there value i paid £500 when i had my blitz access and sold it for £500 bout 8 months later however if i was to sell my emu now id make back what i paid for the unit itself but the cost of mapping would be lost as the buyer would have to have it mapped for there specific set-up.

Max950 I don't know if I'm honest mate it was mapped by td years ago when I first set the car up and at that time there wasn't a rolling road , so I never put it on one

And I dunno why it never shit itself as I've always wondered that but I just looked after the engine

Services it every 8-10 weeks when I was using it daily and just generally maintained it like I say just fitted tdo4 2weeks ago n my mate that works at vauxhall did me a compression test before fitting said my reading where still very good