Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived

Well I am having a nightmere getting time to finish the little bits which are quite a few and i starting to full out of love for this build.

Once litttle bits done I still need front anti roll bar and drop links also full map which looking at least 500! For full map and sort any minor issues out.

ATM I have a garage to store it in but moving

Home in July to save for a house

Etc so the car will be parked in a residential car park where the other residents can't park for shit also near a primery school and kids play in the car park. I am in to minds to sell I will make a

Substansal loss if sold even braking it i would only get approx 30% bk from

What I spent over 4 years.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be a massive shame to break this or give up on it now. Can imagine it's hard juggling your family and work life around it, but there is not time limit on when it needs to be done, when it's done it's done just be patient man, seems a nice build so far be a totally waste of all that money and 4 years of hard work if you gave up now!! Keep going man look forward to seeing it finished!!!

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a spurt today made my seat frame and runners to fit my seats made one up and bolted in fine now other issue is struggling to start.

Does anyone no what there pressure is on start up please just think I got to low pressure for it to start or maybe it playing up as old got a new one on the shelf which I going to put on and set up see if that helps

• 3 weeks later...

So

Today I managed to fit my 24mm white line anti roll bar and

Links to the

Front.

Also got to have fitted my para rod and rarb but the place

I having the alignments done will do

That for me.

Once it was fitted I made way to

The back of the car to sort out my rear light issues

Currently only my n/s/r work like they should.

I have no brake light And only one side light working on the drivers side bulbs are new. The bottom one only works when my fog light switch is on so wiring issue there as it's been hard wired in to the cluster from import .

My high level stop don't work so got to power it up with my power probe see if is the unit or more wiring issues.

I now getting to the stage to either push my self over the line and send it away to get everything tuning side finished mapping etc.

Or give up and sell or break it as it stands

• 4 weeks later...

What brick walls u hitting?

Sure i hit more dude.

Keep focus..

Can't get my fuel pressure right struggles to start then floods the engine don't want to have bore wash etc so just saving to get it to mappers to sort that. Also got loads of little issues like finding a smaller intercooler as my hdi one is huge and causing more issues then worth with my bumper also it quite a long route piping etc. Got to tidy up the rear inside the car sand and paint to give it a nice look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked on the car for a bit today found a spare led strip in my box of bits so that's a result. Sorted the starting issue so

Now starts and runs but still needs a lot of other bits checked before map.

I still got in the back of my mind about breaking it but I no deep down nothing going to please me as much as seeing this motor bk on the road with all the blood sweat and tears I put in her.

Worked on the car for a bit today found a spare led strip in my box of bits so that's a result. Sorted the starting issue so

Now starts and runs but still needs a lot of other bits checked before map.

I still got in the back of my mind about breaking it but I no deep down nothing going to please me as much as seeing this motor bk on the road with all the blood sweat and tears I put in her.

Totally man, it's an uphill struggle but keep at it! No better feeling
  • 2 weeks later...

So today got

A whole day on the car what a rare feet that is.

I 1st fitted my new bat tray in the rear and routed the pos cable

Prop. I will b building a false floor soon to cover the wheel well.

I decided to freshen up the rear with a lick

Of gloss black. I wasn't going for perfection here as it going to b a track look but just needed a tidy up etc.

Before battrey tray

9B43A0D2-B392-4701-815A-B6FAD971CD42.jpg

and painted

C13CCAA2-6DEE-4A82-BE32-E21E33399F76.jpg

EE7B47E3-DD58-4778-B6C5-2BAA3CB554CF.jpg

Drivers side needs few more coats but rattle run out lol

Just little bits now inside to do like get rid of the crap left behind after head lining was removed then going To use sub carpet and reline the roof

What paint did you use? Good stuff

Funny enough just Halfords body shop primer and gloss black paint and body shop laqur.

TBH if I had more time

And had a decent compressor I would of da it all down and do it with my air sprayer but it will do as it just to tidy it up

89206597-8CA0-4CDC-A851-7CE860654929.jpg

So

Off it went this morning.

Should

B ready by next sat I like a dog with two dicks lol

Not a clue how she will drive etc I prob drive like miss daisy till

I used to her again been 5 years simce it been on a road lol

Sweet news mate. Keep it up.

Think my fuel pumps died..

Started playing up on track the other day..

Was it juddering under load ?

Tdi mapping it?

Yes mate. Idled fine. But tried to pull away and judderd then died.

Before that on track it missfired as hit boost..

Torque developments international near lakeside. They

Mapping and sorting some

Other issues out.

Yer sound like a pump issue hope u get it sorted

• jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v dash back out to tidy up
  • jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived