• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: Love it. Still think they sound better than JZ's + RB's :)

Cheers pal :) It does sound awesome but thats some statement lol. JZ's and Rb'S sound awesome!

this sounds awesome, i love these

looks awesome!

thanks mate :)

Beautiful Rx7, glad the Glanza is stayin in the UKSC Family aswell mate.

John

Cheers bud, and me too mate. Its going to a good home and if i miss it too much i can contact the guy and buy it back lol

I love FD3S's...its gonna be one of them or an R32 GTR next for me, I'm sure of it.

Although, I must say, that body kit is horrible.... FD's are stunning in their OEM guise.

Id say defo get an fd ;) much better looking than an r32 :) as for the bodykit each to their own mate. I love the oem look too but i like my cars to be different to the norm.

• 1 month later...

Holy sex balls :) Give us a running report on running costs after a month or 2 please :) Would love an FC but think it'll be too dear to run( and rotten lol) :(

As above please. always wanted one but unsure how expensive it could be to run.

Right guys just a small update on running costs... after a few months of ownership with constant town driving (no motorway) and a mixed driving style im averaging the grand total of 8 miles per gallon :lol: :lol: :lol:

im sure someone that does more motorway drives and has a lighter right foot would get more.

On a positive note the car is booked into get mapped next thursday :) so hopefully will make some decent power at 1.1ish bar as atm its only running 0.5 and tbh my glanza was faster :thumbsup:

cheers :D

8mpg is brutal! by the way saw this last thursday, you were driving down the kerse road, prob on the way to the shell garage lol, looked fantastic. Then the next day seen your old v cutting about town.

8mpg is brutal! by the way saw this last thursday, you were driving down the kerse road, prob on the way to the shell garage lol, looked fantastic. Then the next day seen your old v cutting about town.

Yeah shell garage would have been the likely route lol, and cheers mate :)

8 mpg???? holy crap!

totally worth it tho!

also, happy 7s day for saturday dude! :p

Phil.

Yeah its not great bud lol, luckily i dont do many miles and i love having it as a daily driver so dont really want to get a runabout.

Ill need to wait and see how the remap effects things lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so got her on the dyno today, had some problems. The map that was on the car (from Haward Rotary) was all over the shot. Around 5000rpm she went mega lean all of a sudden Must have been running very hot at times... Glad i got away with it . The lamda sensor was giving some wonky readings too hence the insane mpg figures i was getting Thats sorted now tho and the fuelling is spot on.

I had problems with the external wastegate meaning that she wouldnt boost past 0.5 bar However since getting home ive had the wastegate off and back on again and re plumbed everything and now its working correctly, car spools faster, and pulls harden even at the same boost. Ive kept it at 0.5 for just now until i get it back on the dyno for some proper power runs.

Anyways she made just over 300@ the fly at 0.5 so im looking forward to more boost :)

a957108a.jpg

Edited by ianmcintoshi

Good to hear you have sorted the running issues dude :)

Need more picssss :)

Cheers mate, im glad too, would not have been fun to rebuild her so soon.

Just waiting for the nice weather and I'll get some more pics ;) lol

Edited by ianmcintoshi

your glanza was stunnin mate but a haveto admit that rx7 is beautiful aswell , and your gonna use it as a daily driver ?!?! how do we contact your boss your clearly makin too much money ;) hahaha

Cheers buddy :) and yeah man, daily driver. I figure why have a car you love and not use it ;)

As for money, I'm far from being paid too much. Practically every penny I make goes into my cars lol can't help myself.

Cheers buddy :) and yeah man, daily driver. I figure why have a car you love and not use it ;)

As for money, I'm far from being paid too much. Practically every penny I make goes into my cars lol can't help myself.

hahaha hats off mate am like that maself am always skint because put money into the car , wage rise for me as of tomorrow so gonna be parts flowin to the door weekly for me haha another 1000 should get my glanza on the road ...... i hope ;) haha

Stunning car! Glad you got the fueling problem sorted:)

I'd love something like this one day!

Keep up the good work, I love coming to this thread and keeping up to date with the car!

Cheers mate :) Hopefully a few more update coming shortly ;)

hahaha hats off mate am like that maself am always skint because put money into the car , wage rise for me as of tomorrow so gonna be parts flowin to the door weekly for me haha another 1000 should get my glanza on the road ...... i hope ;) haha

Nice one :) wish i was getting a wage rise :( lol.

Nice ;) just checked your car out on fduk... looks a minter.

Cheers dude :)

Got a different front bumper to go at some stage and have converted back to pop ups with a vent on one side cause pop ups rule ha ha!

Was gonna say when fitting this or these wings make sure it's well braced underneath like a big plate or something. They wobble quit a bit once you get past 80 if they are just bolted on I.e just drilled. If you look at my build thread I got my body's hop to weld some plates on the surface to take the foot of the bracket so it sits square on. As this wing sits on the curve bit on the boot lid. I did not want my brackets pinching inwards if you know what i mean :)

If you wan to see what I did for bracing under the boot lid let us know and I'll send you a pic? Shame you live on the other side of the country ha ha otherwise could meet up lol.

Anyway good choice of wing! Only fd's can really pull this wing off:)

Cheers dude :)

Got a different front bumper to go at some stage and have converted back to pop ups with a vent on one side cause pop ups rule ha ha!

Was gonna say when fitting this or these wings make sure it's well braced underneath like a big plate or something. They wobble quit a bit once you get past 80 if they are just bolted on I.e just drilled. If you look at my build thread I got my body's hop to weld some plates on the surface to take the foot of the bracket so it sits square on. As this wing sits on the curve bit on the boot lid. I did not want my brackets pinching inwards if you know what i mean :)

If you wan to see what I did for bracing under the boot lid let us know and I'll send you a pic? Shame you live on the other side of the country ha ha otherwise could meet up lol.

Anyway good choice of wing! Only fd's can really pull this wing off:)

Cheers mate :) Im not sure what the body shop are going to do, ill have a look when i pick her up. I would like to think that if it was wobbly the the body shop would do something to stiffen it up. What front end you going for mate? I like the one thats on it... same as mine ;) lol

Love the new wing dude! B)

Thanks bud :D like i said ill get some good ones up once its finished B)