Someone Please Recommend Bucket Seats - Car At TD

Good Morning Guys,

My cars (ep91) at tuning developments as we speak and it will be there for a few more weeks :D so in the meantime im looking for a few things i can buy and send straight to them so they can fit while the car is stripped, so the sooner the better really.

Im looking for a decent set of bucket seats and harness's but im having a problem actually finding a set that has positive feedback and fairly simple mounts/rails.

Im stuck in between Brides & Recaro, can anyone possibly post any pictures or please give any sort of feedback whatsoever :thumbsup:

Thanksss

Go with a set of TRS 3" harnesses, half the price of Takata and just as good :)

As for seats, anything that will fit a recaro/bride rail will be your best bet as me personally wouldn't trust seats that have been bodged welded :)

Recliners such as the Evo Recaros are comfy for daily driving but are fairly wide and heavy and commonly used nowadays, still great seats.

They can be picked up for around £300 but are usually in good used condition with bolster wear and most come with custom rails.

Some well made, some not.

Fixed bucket seats are tighter and lighter but need the use of harnesses to get the true feel, normal seatbelt barely holds you in as the lapbelt doesnt reach down.

They also do not allow passenger entry on that particular side.

Brides are very expensive new, and seldom come up as a pair second hand or in good condition.

Don't look down on other makes such as Sparco, Cobra and Corbeau as they make some nice seats and are competitively priced too.

Rails however would have to be custom made from either your own base or one of their custom mounts.

Only true EP82/EP91 rails such as Bride/Zep/Carbing fit and even then they may need some tweaks to fit certain seats they are not intended for.

Mike and Nick can surely help you source anything if deciding to buy new.

If your budget is big, your options are endless.

A pair of decent Bride recliners would be awesome.

CIMG0111.jpg

CIMG0121.jpg

If it isn't I'd go with either a mint pair of Evo Recaros or keep the standard passenger seat and go fixed bucket if you are looking some real track action.

There are also Bride replicas out there on ebay but you always get what you pay for. You will still need to fabricate some custom rails on their supplied custom mounts.

If you are buying used, make sure they are near mint to avoid later disappointment.

I went from a pair of these:

DSC03199.jpg

to this:

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Both Recaro & Bride make some amazing seats however don't limit yourself to looking at just one brand. Search online to find an abundance of designs at a range of prices.

Joz

recaro's dud :) brides are an expensive waste of time, and dont even look good :D

Pleaseee my bride is awesome so comfy and really holds you in well and its so well made and the rail fits perfectly and the seat and rail is ultra light

IMG_1332.jpg

The possibilities are endless the brands and different designs are massive nowa day , even if u look on the deamon tweeks website they have got pages upon pages of seats it just a case of what do u like the look off but I'm sure mike at TD can get hold of pretty much most makes and v.good prices

• 5 weeks later...

In all honesty dude, you need to go try seats before you buy some. I don't know how you are built but having tried about 30 seats at Autosport not all were comfy. Some may look nice, be light etc but for the money your are spending you need to be happy

• 8 months later...

I've now had a set of rep recliner brides and 4 point harness' since last year but due to me using it as a daily I now want a nice set of recaro's with standard seat belts. Too much hassle etc and the other half isn't that keen in them lol. I've been looking for roughly a week for a nice set of evo 8 recaros on eBay & jap performance parts, is about £500 about right for a nice set delivered? I also have my rear stripped out and might be thinking to put the rear bench of an evo in also, simple to fit? Also anyone have any pics of full evo interior?

I would love a set of recaro sr but I can't source any :(

Thanks

I've now had a set of rep recliner brides and 4 point harness' since last year but due to me using it as a daily I now want a nice set of recaro's with standard seat belts. Too much hassle etc and the other half isn't that keen in them lol. I've been looking for roughly a week for a nice set of evo 8 recaros on eBay & jap performance parts, is about £500 about right for a nice set delivered? I also have my rear stripped out and might be thinking to put the rear bench of an evo in also, simple to fit? Also anyone have any pics of full evo interior?

I would love a set of recaro sr but I can't source any :(

Thanks

If you want an Evo 4/5/6 rear bench I have one! Was gonna use the fabric to cover my GT bench but can't be bothered now!

That's the main reason why I'd like to get rid to be honest. The seats aren't that bad to sit etc but from I've read about accidents that they just crumble, not worth the risk. I've spent a hell of a lot on the car itself and it doesn't make since to have to have cheap naff seats. Are the rear benches straight forward to fit? Or will some work need doing? At the moment it's most likely ill get them from jap performance parts as they can do a bit of a deal if I also want a rear bench.