Bogging down / holding back on full throttle

to be fair mate ive just noticed it today was going some seen mr evo put my foot to the floor and it just felt like it didnt want to give me any more but i know full well there is lots more very strange. could be my lambda sensor ? only cost me £11 and ive used bullet conectors to attatch the wires togther as i didnt have a soldering iron at the time.

Edited by akyakapotter

Sure its just not turbo lag in 5th gear? im gessing this is only happing in 5th gear? if you feel it bog down then drop down a gear :p

Dose it in every gear it's just as if on full throttle it decied no not giving you anything then let off a tiny bit and it like thank you and goes like fook lol

Mine runs at a higher afr than that and it's fine. But every car is different I suppose. And im not telling you to knock the fueling back before anyone starts. Maybe try setting throttle position up with a multimeter. Really it an only be air, fuel or spark, or a sensor doing weird things to the ecu. (don't think it would be the ecu itself). Just going to be a case of eliminating as you try different things. I'd check the gaps on the plugs, check leads dizzy and rotor, then start checking tps, air temp sensor etc. But I am known to be overly paranoid :p

Edited by funny onion

Been talking with nick from td said to drop the pressure down a little and it will run a little richer more down to rocking 1 bar with out decent management looks like I'll be going up there sooner ryrher than later :)

Yeah give it a try (mine won't run any richer but every other starlet will haha ). I'm hopefully going across in September for emanage and map :)

• 8 months later...