yeah the 6th gear is a narrower gear on them box's so cant stand any major power its the same story as the 4age 6spd box's, the later c160 box's fitted to the 2zzge's had a stronger 6th gear but im not sure if it can even be made to fit a 4e

i think they are the same and not weaker, not come accross anyone who has broken a 6 speed box yet,

mine is running sweat and ive had it over a year,

for the power you are running i would search for a better gearbox that can handle the power,

my car is running around the 180mark and spins up easily in 1st and 2nd on boost (with handling mods) if you plant it down, just have to be gentle and build boost in them gears so a 5speed will more ideal for you,

but i really love the 6th gear on boost! espeacially on motorway and the drop down to 5th is really awesome.

i will have my lightweight flywheel fitted in a weeks time ;) cant wait to hunt down a lsd for it next

i think they are the same and not weaker, not come accross anyone who has broken a 6 speed box yet,

mine is running sweat and ive had it over a year,

for the power you are running i would search for a better gearbox that can handle the power,

my car is running around the 180mark and spins up easily in 1st and 2nd on boost (with handling mods) if you plant it down, just have to be gentle and build boost in them gears so a 5speed will more ideal for you,

but i really love the 6th gear on boost! espeacially on motorway and the drop down to 5th is really awesome.

i will have my lightweight flywheel fitted in a weeks time ;) cant wait to hunt down a lsd for it next

Cheers for the input feller :)

I've driven 2 G6s, they feel a lot more notchy than the 5spd in my GT. Not sure I would personally run one

tbh i didnt feel any different when i change accross in terms on engaging gears apart from reverse n getting used to 6th which was easy, when i was running n/a it felt much better that 5speed especially off the mark and dropping gears to access the power.

Didnt Lukep kill his 6 speed quite easily?

Day

not sure what happened to it but i think he has another one?

i think you would need to look on toyota / corolla forums and see what power they are running on the box

When I was in a shop in Japan contemplating the trd gears for the starlet. I was told the car would max out around 160kph or something ridiculous like that.In mainland japan they said they found better results for acceleration from the 6speed from the BZR levin. They told be it would bolt right on but you would have to alter the console as the shifter would not be in the same spot. I'm not sure how easy it is to get a beefed up BZR clutch and how strong that tranny is.

A bzr box wont bolt up as its an 'a' series engine. Also those boxes are forever destroying themselves even on stock engines and clutches so I deffinately wouldnt risk having one!

Oh they run the same clutches as glanza's 212mm also the same as late 4age and 2zzge motor'd cars ;)

Edited by morgey

Talk to zisco if you want a stronger gear set for an oem box. zisco litraly sell soooooo mauch gear for starlets! i belive spuddys 570hp gt is on a zisco box.

I get on to them now as I seen a few people strip 3rd gear once running over 300 horses

Do u no the web site ?

Edited by jellybaby

A bzr box wont bolt up as its an 'a' series engine. Also those boxes are forever destroying themselves even on stock engines and clutches so I deffinately wouldnt risk having one!

Oh they run the same clutches as glanza's 212mm also the same as late 4age and 2zzge motor'd cars ;)

I C well it's a good thing I didn't take his word and buy a BZR tranny

Well they're all c series boxes but the gear ratio's differ depending on car and even the year of the box.

5speed

C52 is corolla ae82-92 4efe and 4age 16v and ae101 4age 20v and I think ep82

C56 early 111 4age 20v (non bzr) and 96spec ep91

C56 spec 2 had a different gearbox housing and had shorter ratios in the levins (maybe fitted to 98spec ep91's also)

6speed

C??? Ae111 1.3 4efe g6

C160 ae111 4age bzr and uk spec 4afe SR's and g6®

C??? the ae112 t-sports and zz112? 190 celicas but these differ from the ae111 boxes as they are stronger so not sure if there a diff no box or not

This isnt necessarily correct as if just bits and bobs I've peiced together and isnt going to really help alot of people but as far as im aware any 'C' series box will bolt up to any bell housing, so if you brought a c160 from a corolla t-sport you could split your box and use the bellhousing to attach to the c160 box and away you go!