dave.ep's hybrid build. (ADVANCE!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol aye mate am up for a run anytime haha. Am goin to change ma intercooler pipes already lol. its a long rout one a have witch is pish so am goin to get a short rout one n move the dumpvalve up to where the inlet is. :D

Soooo a was looking through pics today and found these lol. this is my 82 when i got it. If anyone reconises it let me know!! Big change from then till now. check these out.

IMG-20110717-00452-1.jpg

IMG-20110717-00454.jpg

754983161-1.jpg

:) :) :)

Edited by daveEP
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

WELL minor set back today and a right kick in the balls tbh lol. firstly. i got my car runnin sounded mint no rattles knocks etc.!!! :) :). but about 10 secs later i see water bubbling up between the mani and head :( i thought not good and turned it off. checked my nice new oil and there was water in it. gutted. my first thoughts were the gasket was on the wrong way up but after looking back on pics i reliesd it was on right. time to strip the head back off now get a new gasket & head bolts witch i should have done to start with "supid fuck" and get it all done up and try again.

here's a vid of it firing. never had lamda in!! ul see the smoke lol :)

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh640/davidsmillie2300/video-2012-11-11-15-00-11.mp4

any comments welcome. :D

Edited by daveEP

update!!

so i went down to the car earlyer and had a rout about. started it back up and same again. :(. time for another strip down.

20121112_150550.jpg

got the inlet & exhaust sides off, cam belt, fuel rail & injectors.

20121112_155228.jpg

20121112_162243.jpg

minor set back but will get there in the end.

next on the list. head skimmed, new head studs, new gasket & new oil. :)

ano mate do it once n by fuck do it right. total dick. oh well looked right at the time. proved wrong tho lol. aye mate am dien to get it out & bossting. just want this head back on & running with no leaks so i can start tweeking things and do another check to make sure everythings tight and i've not missed a nut or bolt. :)

SO!!

went a nice dodgy drive in the astra way stu yesterday to get a head gasket secured off shaun. thanks again shaun. some man. :)

20121118_091940.jpg

progress so far is that the heads away getting skimmed, got the gasket and am getting some work done to my rocker cover ;) just head bolts to get now.