dave.ep's hybrid build. (ADVANCE!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars getting there man, shauns house is a fucking mission to get to ae ? haha

Wasnt to bad lol would be worse for u comin from stirling lol me n stu cruised up, few jagas nice n easy lol then it was dark n pissin down on the way back lol. gettin there mate. should be back up n runnin in the next wk n a half tops. :)

was good to meet you hopefully that will get you soted. just real driving roads down my way you city folk aint used to it :p

Was good to meet u in person to mate :) lol tell me about it a was well on edge comin over that singal track road on the way home lol. doesnt help when its dark n rainin & ma window wipers are shite lol mite as well have just left them off haha. :)

Some more pics for the collection. My pal polished up my throttle body and cam for me since its all back off again lol :) get my head back on wed & the rocker cover on friday but that will be goin straight back out my hands to the powder coaters lol. will get pics up ov the rocker when its all done ;)

Pics!!

20121119_163800.jpg

throttle body!!

20121119_163855.jpg

cam pully mid way throught polising!!

20121119_151419.jpg

cam pully polished!! ;)

IMG-20121119-00366.jpg

cams, caps & buckets!!

20121119_151116.jpg

any comments welcome of corse lol :)

UPDATE!!

so got my head & rocker cover back today. :) lets hope this time rounds a better experience than the last lol. just need to get my head studs and two inlet gaskets ordered up off idrees and im good to go. :)

PICS!!

20121123_121741.jpg

20121123_141543.jpg

20121123_142537.jpg

Aye mate. Well a pal done the cam pully,thottle body. and i done the rocker cover today but just took the black paint off basicly as am gettin it powder coated. :) absalute chockin to drive it mate haha. cant wait but still loads a little bits to get on with and finish off. im goin to spray the roof to as it has loads of laquer peel. :(

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered my head bolts today will have them on sat morning and i'm hoping to have my car ready for an mot in the next two weeks. need to get my engine back together first tho lol.

Heres something what it should look like once back together lol.

20130419_160828.jpg

Cheers mate looks even better when u see it pesonaly. ;) aye its a pain in the ass but it turn out to be two hosses on the wrong way round that caused it all not the head gasket lol water and vac pipe was wrong way. but all good cause i got the head back off and got it skimmed and the race spec rocker cover done at the same time so its goin back on better than it came off. lol. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So been a while but heres a wee update from todays work. went this afternoon and picked up my new head bolts and started stripping my cams out the head and put my new head gasket and bolts in.

20130511_164614.jpg

After 2 & a half quick ass hours of workin flat out on it i got the new gasket, headbolts, inlet mani, timing belt, all the pipe work, fuel rail and injectors, coilpack and the exahust/turbo side on but not bolted the mani yet.

just need to fit my rad and fan, pipe work oil catch can and pipes and put oil and water in now and do a final check and tidy up and all should be good to fire the car up again. :)

few other bits and bobs to do still but nearly on the road lol. :) heres a wee pic of the bay after todays work.

Before.

20130419_160828.jpg

after.

20130511_190326.jpg

any comments welcome!! :):)

Lol ano mate two close just need that last push n it will be road worthy. still need to powdercoat the rocker and wheels and paint the roof & stuff but can do that later on once its been mot'd. how u gettin on?

getting advance pannels and toms front bumper too thanks to dan g. ;)

( Engine is back together. woo hoo!!! :) )

20130513_185913.jpg

Managed to get down for a wee hour tonight and put the rest on the car. oil is also in the car. all that needs doin now is water in the rad and get the jump leads onto it. :).

Other things is.

An10 fittings

Pipes that go from the an10 fittings to a catch can.

oil catch tank.

Fuel rail adapter....

(Paint wise is....)

Paint roof.

Paint spoiler.

Paint bumpers.

Paint the rest of the strut brace.

Powdercoat wheels.

Powdercoat rocker cover..

Other than that just miner things. looks like im defo making jae this year lol. ;)

Sure will be buddy itchin to get it out now that its back together. lookin at jfest pics doesnt help either hahaha. Went to look for a set a jump leads to fire her tonight but a couldnt find them so just left it. will be doing it tomorrow if i finish work early enough lol. will get a vid up of it running tomorrow night. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

SHE LIVES went down this mornin and it fired up.

My bat had ran out on my alam fob so the car wouldnt start so got a new battery in it and tryed again and away it went. Was down my garage not long ago with paul to get him a pas belt and knock sensor but it was fucked to so he took a hack saw instead hahaha. :). had to ajust the dissy for timing and an injector was leaking fuel but thats all. just need to drain all the fluids again and that should be all for the engine for now. anyway heres a wee vid a took. (shit quality)

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh640/davidsmillie2300/20130525_183323.mp4

Tell is about it mate. as a said they must be easy to KNOCK off if the two of them u have are snapped lol. :) al get a price on monday for a brand new one from toyota. :)