dave.ep's hybrid build. (ADVANCE!!!)

UPDATE!!!

well here's a long awaited update. not much been really happnin in the last two three months other than ordering my handbrake cables etc. not really exciting. :/ well in the last 2 wks thats all changed for the better. i have my rays wheels in at the powdercoaters along with my rockercover. Should get them back at the end of the week. :p. also i have took my bumpers off to get re-painted too. cant wait to get them back and on the car to finish the advance look. :) u will have to wait for a final pic of how it looks in the next few wks but here's a few to keep u's lot goin. lol.

This is how she sits for now!!!

20140124_155056.jpg

20140124_154251.jpg

20140124_155130.jpg

here's the shake down of the wheels so far!!

20140127_095247.jpg

20140127_140914.jpg

20140127_164049.jpg

Comments welcome guys!!! :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers hookie. yeah its gettin there now should be ready for next month. :p cant wait. its goin in to the body shop once its mot'd to get the roof painted to will get pics up of it. prob the worst laquer peal us have seen haha. :/

^^^^ :-D. cheers mate!! yeah am a big fan of the screamer pipe my self, sounds awsome. looks more aggresive than just the de-cat too!!!.... :) shame its all coming back off soon lol. goin for a zisco ramhorn with tail external waste gate and decat. ;) that setup still has a screamer onit so its no to bad.

• 2 weeks later...

small update... car now has a fully workin hand brake for the first time in about 4yrs lol. and also the hubs are in the garage getting the new wheel bearings pressed in. all that needs doin now is sort the interior electrics and an oil catch can and an10 fittings and hosing bang on the bumpers and wheels and its good to go. :) cant wait!!!

• 3 weeks later...

another good update!!! my wheels are coated all that needs doin now is new studs and get my tyres back on.

and this is how they now look..!!! ;)

IMG_0277.jpg

also pickes up two of these for the race spec rocker cover...

20140223_200714.jpg

comments welcome. :)

cheers.. yes mate just got them through the post today :) cant wait to get them on. just going to buy new tyres to as i dont want to be changing tyres through the summer just incase they were to get chiped or anything. ;)

heres a snap of them in the day light....

20140224_121114.jpg

also got this done whilst the wheels were in ;)..

20140224_090818.jpg

Edited by daveEP
  • 3 weeks later...

update!!

Well after a few hours of last min fettling the Car is now sitting in the garage awaiting its mot tomorrow. excited to see this thing road legal for the first time since i have owned it. ( 2 & a half years ) lol. i know its still needing bits done and the wiring fixed but it gives me a list of niggly bits to get sorted and knowing exactly where i need to focus on just now. anyway i have since got my bumpers back and decent tread on the winter wheels. The bumpers have made it look really good and i am glad i went with the advance look now. Here's a few wee pics of how its looking. will get more in the day light tomorrow.

20140312_163245.jpg

20140312_163540.jpg

and here's the one i took fueling up tonight. ;)

20140313_190151.jpg

Cheers jhon. me to but i cant seem to get the wheel studs the same size as the ones that are in. think i am going to need to use the old ones but hand paint every stud because if i just cleean the bolts up they will rust in a matter of months. even that or once there blasted and all tight then coat the studs in laquer to protect them from rust.

• 2 months later...

Tought a would stick an update on since its been a while. Since last time a posted i have managed to get it on the road on friday there witch am well happy with it but that was soon lived up when my battery ran out of life and chucked it lol so basicly i need a new alt for it as my alt isnt charging the battery. The car is goin to an auto electrics place this week hopfully to get the wiring sorted out as the interior electrics arnt workin atall so am going to get the guy to have a look at it while its there. also once its back from there its going into a body shop to get the roof re-painted as its bad :).

heres a wee pic of it out in the sun just after i washed it. Comes up good but still needs a good polish.

20140530_184625.jpg

also finaly got my turbo kit!!! going to get the hybrid bolted up to it. just need to get the wastegate penny welded up and get it rotated down the way for short route first. Should be something like this.

zisco ramhorn ewg--tial w/g with .6 spring

ct9 hybrid turbo

jproformance decat.

20140525_172719.jpg

20140525_222734.jpg

I also got an alloy have size rad and slimline fan too just for more room to get the turbo kit in. and that about it for now. just going to enjoy it now and keep at it to get it a sorted gt. :)

• 1 month later...

Little update....

Just waiting on me turbo just now as its in getting the wastegate welded up. but i have fitted the turbo kit on with the std ct9b as a mok up to get everything in position so here's a wee snap..

20140612_175033.jpg

20140609_205135.jpg

also made a short route pipe from and old hot pipe and some of the long route kit.

20140617_171233.jpg

20140617_171209.jpg.

here's a recent pic with mine and the new project!! this one will be up for sale once done. new engine and td04'd. ;)....

20140701_161129.jpg

Few wee pics of the square lamp. basicly bought the car with bottom end knock and fixed it and it went again so stripped the engine back out and putting a new/used back in it and td04 it. few nice bits on it....

20131003_154845.jpg

20140415_174201.jpg

20140420_200507.jpg

Watch out for it. will be for sale at some point lol. :)

Yeah mate its looking good just now but av still to get it into the bodyshop for the sides and roof to get repainted.. love an advance thats why a went for the look on my own one. the trim is there ready to paint and keeps a solid line ryt through the car. there made to be two tone hahaha. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So thought a would up date this since its been way to long lol. Here's a recent pic up of the car. Just got it back after 3 wks being in a car electrical centre as the interior electrics were not working and the battery was not charging. Was a ryt pain in the Tits!! But it's back and I have got the love back for the car. Had put it up for sale as I had enough but that's all changed now. :) just put a rear tow hook on and bonnet rasers to give it a bit of a track look. Goin to do a bit more work to this car n get it to its full potential. Looking for an ecu, ebc and a 1bar spring then map it n see what happens. Anyway here's a wee pic of it sitttin dirty as. :)

DSC_0338_zpsf1wppcc8.jpg