Wiring loom help urgent

Having a bot of bother with some wiring looms, was hoping i wouldnt have to change the rear loom in the car for the fte conversion so the na loom is still in at the rear all the way past the handbrake lever where it should connect to the dash loom. So the plug that goes from the rear loom to dash loom is a grey female plug, but the one on the dash loom is also a grey female plug.

This is the plug at the end of the na loom left. And the plug at the end of the glanza 1 on the right

photo-6.jpg

I have the rear wiring loom for a glanza here but there doeant seem to be a plug for the fuel pump on it plus i dont want to have to fuck about with the rear lights. The glanza loom however has the right male plug at the end where it meets the dash loom but the wires are all different colours.

So what can i do?

Edited by bucketep91

I HATE WIRING LOOMS!!!

in a similar predicament. just swapped all my looms for a third time, using a standard auto glanza engine and interior loom. had already converted the rear and light wiring loom, but looks like its a spliced n/a loom as the previous looms were from a conversion.

so they now dont mate up with standard interior glanza loom.

complete pain in the ass. what are you doing about the mounts for the stalks being different?

Edited by snails ep91

Cant help im afraid as mines just an engine loom swap as not fussed on gt interior loom. mine has all the extras in already. ....... probably a pointless reply lol

dude pm enzo as he has done the swap on his 95 or a few of the other 95 owners on boost

It's the same issue on the uk spec 91's too I've ended up getting a boot loom to drop in is the plug in the drivers loot well on the other side of the boot loom the male plug? If sound fitted and I was going to chop and swap but like I said just got a v loom for ease. Although it does mean running rear fog and speaker cable.

I have a boot loom here too but ive not touched any of that.

The plugs im having hassle with is behind the centre consol at the middle of the dash loom. The 1 that comes from the rear to meet the dash loom has the exact same female plug as the dash loom.

The male plug u see in the pic is the end of the glanza loom thats not fitted as it doesnt seem to have a plug for the fuel pump?

I have a couple of plugs at the drivers side footwell i cant make sense of either, theres a pic in my thread can u shed any light on those dude?

The female plug on the glanza dash loom has the same female on the n/a boot loom in the middle but on the drivers sill there is more boot loom its all connected and on that side there Is a male plug that fits the grey female which could be swapped over but I can't find a matching plug for that. Lol that's why I opted toswap boot looms which I'm in the middle of.

Yea the plugs for the fuel pump are different does the 95 have the large roundish plug for the fuel pump? The glanza loom has a small grey plug for the pump. Yes there are a few plugs you won't need. Electric mirrors front fogs there's quite a few that are spare on mine. The advice I was given was to put 12v through and see what works and what doesn't.

I'll check your thread now. :)

So 1 of the white plugs from the drivers side sill fits the grey plug in the middle of the dash loom? Then waht do i do wit the other grey female 1 and the other white 1 u see in my hand here

photo-1.jpg

Ive also nowhere to plug the interior light on that side.

Aye the fuel pump has a kind of round plug on it, is that the same as the uk spec?

Thanks rob need to get to the bottom of this asap

Are any of them any of these as they all look similar. If so I have these spare on mine to if it makes you feel any better. lol

/>http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/rob_bower/4a405d11.jpg
/>http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/rob_bower/c44b4fe6.jpg
/>http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/rob_bower/d2b32c8c.jpg
/>http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/rob_bower/85dd4ce4.jpg
/>http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/rob_bower/058e47bf.jpg

Once ove got my engine in I can connect a battery and see what works.

right thats better im on the laptop now.

on the uk spec boot loom the drivers sill plug is grey if my memory is correct which seems to be different to yours.

I have decided to swap to the v boot looms this will solve the female to female plug issues out there will still be an unused plug on the drives sill part but from what i can see this doesnt go to anything in use. after that the fuel pump plug will need swapping or glanza fuel pump? and we will need to run fog light wiring and rear speaker wiring.

Rob

Arggghhh i fuxking hate wiring looms!

The 2 plugs in my hand in my last pic are from the drivers side sill.

Ill have a look 2morrow and let you know how i get on i have the same question up on tgtt and wee john says to cut the plug i need off the old na dashloom and tape off any redundant wires from that end.

Would rather that worked so i dont have to change the rear looms.

yea in theory that would work it would just be a case of matching wires.i might give it a go to as long as the n/a loom's driver sill wiring doesnt feed anything other wise if it doesnt plug in it wont work. let me know how you get on dude. im going to try and finish getting my dash back together now i have a glanza column and cowl :(

Have u fitted the adjustable steering column?

As it stands i have the 2 female grey 1s to worry about and those white and blue 1s from my pic, the 2 white plugs (in my hand in the pic) are coming from the drivers sill they are also disconnected but 1 of them fit in a silver box at that side that i assume is something to do with abs, dont think it belongs there tho?

Other than that it should hopefully be ready to start when i fit the ignitor, map sensor and glanza stalks.

i am doing as the n/a columns and v columns are completly different the plates that the wiper stalks mount to are different shapes and sit further forward and the cowl it bigger.

i have the ones i linked above to try and figure out lol im just waiting on a few bits for my engine then i can drop it in ready.

Nice 1 mate wont be long now then eh?

Greames indicator stalks on his ep95 plugged right into the glanza loom and mines doesnt :( gutted.

Hopefully the lAst of my parts will come in the next couple of days so i can take it for a blast:D

Had a wee look today, chopped the plug off and started joining wires. Theres 10 wires on each plug but only 6 or 7 match up

I have these left on the plug from te na loom

photo-7.jpg

And i have these left on the glanza loom

photo-8.jpg

Tracing those green 1s back on the glanza rear loom it looks like there for the rear lights?

Will i need to split the full loom and see what goes where?